[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - How many miles on your Gen1 - Car condition?
Stock talk about the Generation 1 and 1.5 Toyota Solara which were produced from 1999 to 2003.

How many miles on your Gen1 - Car condition?

Re: How many miles on your Gen1 - Car condition?

Postby drek20 » Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:07 pm

Year: 2002
Miles: 136,000
Mechanical condition: Mint
Aesthetic condition: Mint
Money spent fixing the essential(mods/maintenance excluded): 1000 worth of tuneups
Major problems experienced: none
drek20
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby 1gSE » Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:58 pm

I vote Sticky for the OEM section. Its like the "Compendium of Boosted Solara Info" thread, but for stock/bolt-on guys
GTO-Vararam/Kooks/Spintech/MGW-P/Tune-12.9 @108
Solara-M62 @ 5.5psi
1gSE
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby highmileage02sleConv » Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:52 am

Year:2002
Miles: 165503
Mechanical condition: CEL and TRAC Light on, Slight oil leak from the block ( dont ask) otherwise average considering the high millage
Aesthetic condition: Fair
Money spent fixing the essential(mods/maintenance excluded): Well over $1k its been with our family since new
Major problems experienced: Top leaks, crappy bumpers, above mentioned oil leak, dimming dash lights, brake master replaced last summer; could go on.
2002 SLE V6 Convertible 172,600 Miles! Black on what used to be Beige and in need a of a new top!
highmileage02sleConv
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby yaddadaimsayin » Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:43 am

highmileage02sleConv wrote:Year:2002
Miles: 165503
Mechanical condition: CEL and TRAC Light on, Slight oil leak from the block ( dont ask) otherwise average considering the high millage
Money spent fixing the essential(mods/maintenance excluded): Well over $1k its been with our family since new
Major problems experienced: Top leaks, crappy bumpers, above mentioned oil leak, dimming dash lights, brake master replaced last summer; could go on.

that could be the reason! your car is almost a decade old. $1k is really not that much maintenance, unless you're a diy guy.
l CP-e Intake l TRD Lowered/Exhaust/RSB l 20/5 Tints l Custom Grille l Alpine HU l Rocksford Amp l 2 10" JBL Subs l 6000k HID l Smoked 2.5 Tails l Satisfied Driver l
yaddadaimsayin
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby highmileage02sleConv » Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:47 am

Thats what my mechanic and my dad said. I can't complain though, a college student with a convertible! Any one else have over 160k on a gen 1.5?
2002 SLE V6 Convertible 172,600 Miles! Black on what used to be Beige and in need a of a new top!
highmileage02sleConv
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby navarachi » Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:52 pm

Year:1999
Miles: 137000
Mechanical condition: flawless at the moment, just spent 2k on it, was thinking of selling and glad i didn't!
Money spent fixing the essential(mods/maintenance excluded): about 3k, been in family since new.
Major problems experienced: Top leaks - Valve cover gasket, wheel bearing, egr valve
navarachi
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Solorange » Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:03 pm

Year: 1999
Miles: 166K
Mechanical condition: Excellent engine and tranny condition! Body and Supension has been developing creaks and rattles probably due to age.
Aesthetic condition: Very good exterior condition minus the bug damage on the front bumper from the 1st owner. The interior is flawless other than the leather on the stearing wheel wearing away rapidly.
Money spent fixing the essential(mods/maintenance excluded): Estimated $7k to $8k in mods. Probably $3500 in replacing leaking valve cover gaskets, clutch at 120k, CD player, and water pump. Not including normal maintence such as oil changes and coolant flushes.
Major problems experienced: The only non maintence problems I had with the car was the leaky valve cover gaskets, worn out front strut tower bearings, and broken CD player.

This is by far the best car I've ever owned from a reliability and cost to own stand point!
1999 Toyota Solara SEV6 5speed
2009 Toyota Highlander Sport
2005 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Solorange
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Teamroper » Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:34 pm

Year: 1996 SE
Miles: 212,000
Mechanical condition: Great. Runs like a top
Aesthetic condition: Paint is fading on roof and flaking on the grille but that is about it.
Money spent fixing the essential(mods/maintenance excluded): None- Just thinking about getting it painted. Replacing the grille and running the tires off of it.
Major problems experienced: None
Teamroper
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby SPICA1750 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:30 pm

Year:2000
Miles:180,116 but really it has 80,116 block was replaced at 100,000 due to sluge (previous owner).
Mechanical cond: Amazing engine and trans. i love it. I do wish it was supercharged and lowered.but i still love it:) sometimes it starts rough? idk why though.
Interior cond: pretty clean great bucket seats. i keep it really really clean.
Outside cond: So clean i keep it really nice. meguiars products clay kit, gold class wash, and tech wax 2..the crome on the grille is chipin small dings and little rock chips but the paint is amazing.:]]
Money spent: oil changes castrol GTX :)) Replaced Idle air control valve father son job (my dad works for Lexus and knows how to do stuff like that)
little stuff like wipers. tires.
purchased:a month ago:)
2000 Toyota Solara SE<aftermarket exhaust>
1995 BMW 525i..(sold)
SPICA1750
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby user99 » Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:22 am

Year: 1999
Miles: 197,000
Condition: Great, I've replaced some things on my own however.
Looks: Decent
Interior: Decent
99 Solara SLE V6, Automatic
user99
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby dinoxor » Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:41 am

Miles: 114k
Mechanical condition: Good! Except wheel vibrates while braking when driving on highways.
Aesthetic condition: small dings and dent from previous owner. The lights on the far right side of my gauge doesn't work anymore but thats okay. 1 ft key scratch on the front and back left side fender. Other than that, paint is still in excellent condition from washing every week and waxing every month.
Money spent fixing the essential(mods/maintenance excluded): Mainly on oil changes, gas, and meguiar's cleaning products. Recently spent $90 on tint: 35% front and 20% all around.
Major problems experienced: none so far!
dinoxor
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Mr_Krispy1183 » Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:30 pm

Year:2001
Miles: 170XXX
Mechanical condition: Excellent, minor mods help the car run just as good, if not better, than new
Aesthetic condition: Excellent. Door dings and minor dents are present, as well as the unavoidable scratches
Money spent fixing the essential(mods/maintenance excluded): A reasonable price to have a competent mechanic (Gregtrd) diagonose a misdiagnosed upside-down rear motor mount and replace both axles.
Major problems experienced: Aside from 1 crash (my fault), none
'01 zenki MCV20 Silverstream Opalescent
Mr_Krispy1183
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby Pogs » Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:22 pm

Miles: 86,453
Mechanical condition: Excellent, few mods but nothing to boost about. Still feels as strong as when I got it.
Aesthetic condition: I would say excellent. No door dings and 1 minor dent on lower passenger quarter panel. Few small scratches and few paint chips on hood. The chrome grill has most of the paint gone.
Money spent fixing the essential(mods/maintenance excluded): Essential issues... none. For "fixing" I've only spent money on oil, spark plugs, tires and other maintenance items.
Major problems experienced: Not one (:
Life is 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you react to it.
Search and Win
Its a search engine that gives you random points to get free stuff they offer.
Pogs
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby dev87 » Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:57 am

Year: 2001
Miles: 179,000
Mechanical condition: Great! I've had this car since it had 127,000 miles on it. Engine runs strong, transmission is smooth as well. I just did a road trip about 3 weeks ago (1600 miles covered in 2 days) without a hitch.
Aesthetic condition: Looks good. A few dents and scratches.
Money spent fixing the essential(mods/maintenance excluded): $1500+ New Tires, Regular oil changes, transmission fluid, maintenance (a few sensors, etc)
Major problems experienced: None, so far (knocks on wood). Needless to say, it's a very reliable car!
dev87
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby nguyenSTX » Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:54 pm

Year:1999
Miles:160K+
Mechanical condition: Excellent
Aesthetic condition: The usual dings
Money spent fixing the essential(mods/maintenance excluded): $260.00 .... $1250
Major problems experienced: Replaced brake booster ($60 ebay), EGR Valve/vacuum ($200).... Auto Transmission ($1250) but that was my fault :(
1999 Toyota Solara SE 4 cyl 5s-fe Auto
nguyenSTX
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

PreviousNext

Return to Stock Gen 1 and 1.5