[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Hows your Gen 1's Holding Up?
Stock talk about the Generation 1 and 1.5 Toyota Solara which were produced from 1999 to 2003.

Hows your Gen 1's Holding Up?

Re: Hows your Gen 1's Holding Up?

Postby stanpalg » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:30 pm

My '02 Coupe has got ~180k now. I owned it for 2 years now and it had 2 more owners. It is good for the most part, but my wrecked '00 was in a pristine condition @ 165k. Previous owner of this car probably drove the darn thing behind a big rig carrying rocks with sand or something. The front bumper and windshield are covered in very small scratches and chips. Up to the point that clear coat on the front bumper looks a little hazed when the car is fresh out of the car wash.

Work done, including minor mods:
1) Front struts
2) Aftermarket wheels (still have original wheels if anyone is interested)
3) Interior wood looking parts lost most of the contrast, so I wrapped them in carbon fiber vinyl. Looks 1000 times better then original IMO.
4) Completely changed audio system and added a custom DIY sub enclosure. Can add pics/specs if anyone is interested.

My current issues are:
- Hazed headlights. Just ordered a brand new set.
- Hazed/Chipped fog lights. Just ordered a brand new set\
- Hazed/Chipped clear coat on a front bumper. Probably will not touch it.
- Rear right spring seat rubber is worn out, so the spring is scratching the spring seat on the strut, making light squeaky sound at very slow speeds.
- Steering wheel, well, is just bad. It lost all of its color on the outer edge. Trying to order a new one from ebay or customize one with CF look from CARID, to match my modified interior door/dash inserts.
- Door glass keeps hitting the roof "extension/molding" section, causing the doors to not close once in a while. In that case I either push the door down when closing or roll down the window a tiny bit before closing.
- Climate control keeps automatically switching to interior air during temp adjustment at random. Not sure if it is an issue or not.

Planned work:
- Roll rear fenders
- Replace stock Springs/Struts with Tein/Tokico set.
- Modify headlights with Morimoto projectors
stanpalg
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Previous

Return to Stock Gen 1 and 1.5