[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Hows your Gen 1's Holding Up?
Stock talk about the Generation 1 and 1.5 Toyota Solara which were produced from 1999 to 2003.

Hows your Gen 1's Holding Up?

Re: Hows your Gen 1's Holding Up?

Postby djandrey_M » Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:04 pm

I have a 99 solara V6, automatic. Mine just crossed 100k. Absolutely no issues. I just keep the changing the oil and buying gas for it. A little creak in the rear suspension. Airbag light and brake light have been on for a while now, I need to start looking into them.
djandrey_M
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby TLMNICK » Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:37 pm

My solara is great. No issues of any kind. Mine isn't my daily driver though, and therefore only has about 48,000 miles on it. :)
It's still in winter storage, but hopefully I'll get some time to yank her out.
TLMNICK
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby DSM_Lara » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:23 pm

TLMNICK wrote:My solara is great. No issues of any kind. Mine isn't my daily driver though, and therefore only has about 48,000 miles on it. :)
It's still in winter storage, but hopefully I'll get some time to yank her out.

Come on nick post some new shots... So you cant give the vert. People
More inspration. Plus I miss seeing your bad ass convertible on the forum.
1999 Toyota Solara SE V6 (TRD Edition) Rare Greddy EvoII/CP-E Intake/Renova Grill/Black Housing Front/OEM Hood Deflector :kp: :spam3: :spam1:Musubi
DSM_Lara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby TLMNICK » Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:47 am

Haha, I have a couple of shots that are more recent ones. Hopefully this summer, I'll get a chance to really get out there, and take some nice ones. The car hasn't changed much...I pretty much have it where I want it :) Anyway....here are a few :

TLMNICK
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby DSM_Lara » Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:04 am

Holy Sh!t... I think I got a hard on. Just what I wanted. Makes me want to get a convertible. Thanks for posting. Now all the noobies with convertible can see how a true gen1 vertible should look. BTW where you got that hood visor???
1999 Toyota Solara SE V6 (TRD Edition) Rare Greddy EvoII/CP-E Intake/Renova Grill/Black Housing Front/OEM Hood Deflector :kp: :spam3: :spam1:Musubi
DSM_Lara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby DriDed » Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:41 am

TLMNICK wrote:Haha, I have a couple of shots that are more recent ones. Hopefully this summer, I'll get a chance to really get out there, and take some nice ones. The car hasn't changed much...I pretty much have it where I want it :) Anyway....here are a few :

That is one of the cleanest looking Gen 1 convertible Solara I have seen so far.
2004 Toyota Solara SE (2az-fe) automatic
+TRD front strut brace
+TRD rear sway bar
+Injen Short ram intake
+Pioneer DEH 2200 UB headunit
DriDed
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby TLMNICK » Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:10 am

Thanks guys.

The car still gets attention around where I am. There aren't too many solaras around here, and convertible ones are even harder to come across. Usually when I do see one, it's a Gen2.

DSM_Lara, I got the hood deflector by chance. I was searching kijiji for something completely different when I came across it. I initially only bought it for when I go on the highway, but the look of it grew on me since I put the kit on and did the retrofit. I like your coupe too man. It looks super clean in your sig pic. I still like those revos. The car that initally made me like a black solara had those same revos on it.
TLMNICK
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby 1gSE » Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:02 pm

dam that looks sexy!
GTO-Vararam/Kooks/Spintech/MGW-P/Tune-12.9 @108
Solara-M62 @ 5.5psi
1gSE
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Solarasian » Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:11 pm

DSM_Lara wrote:Holy Sh!t... I think I got a hard on. Just what I wanted. Makes me want to get a convertible. Thanks for posting. Now all the noobies with convertible can see how a true gen1 vertible should look. BTW where you got that hood visor???

dsm, u jeally? :P
Auto SLE V6
6000k VVME Bi-Xenon
GReddy SP2 catback
injen SRI is2030p
Kaminari Lip Kit(stand by)
Tokico hp Struts
Tein S Tech
Solarasian
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby DSM_Lara » Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:40 pm

Solarasian wrote:
DSM_Lara wrote:Holy Sh!t... I think I got a hard on. Just what I wanted. Makes me want to get a convertible. Thanks for posting. Now all the noobies with convertible can see how a true gen1 vertible should look. BTW where you got that hood visor???

dsm, u jeally? :P

Ha, don't lie your the one with the convertible. :P
Besides the only convertibles on would buy are gen1 Solara, Mitsubishi Eclipse GST, BMW Z4 and lastly.... A hunduh S2K Type-S. Yes, I said Hunduh...
DSM_Lara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby ToyoSolV6 » Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:42 pm

clean ride Nick! always has looked good to me! i like the last pic where you can see the engine bay through the hood :)

as for my car fellas both axles are done due to the c/o's hitting them on potholes, oil pan is leaking from the gasket, bushings from the torque rod are gone, dogbone bushing is gone too. rear brakes are gone. Front bumper has just been re painted recently and its already scraped up from being so damn low.
oh and clutch is slipping lol
One of the few Built Forged Supercharged solaras in so cal
335whp x 344tq.
ToyoSolV6
Solaraguy's dopest driver

Postby mig0s » Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:01 pm

^^ Who cares? You got 288whp :P
1999 V6 5-Speed... so beautiful :' )
Black housing headlights, corner. 55w 6k HID, 2500k fogs, TWM Short Shifter+weighted knob, Tein+KYB, TRD lip kit + Acura CL type-S front lip. TSW Kyalami 18x8. Cutom 2.5" SS free flow muffler.
mig0s
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby DSM_Lara » Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:23 pm

Lol that's no help if your clutch is slipping.
DSM_Lara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby ToyoSolV6 » Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:34 am

mig0s wrote:^^ Who cares? You got 288whp :P

lol yeah little things like bushing and gaskets i have no issues with just clutch is a biatch lol
DSM_Lara wrote:Lol that's no help if your clutch is slipping.

yeah my clutch is weird sometimes it hook facking wonderfully, and sometimes there a little slippage dont get me wrong the car still feels like it sinks you into your seat but with a better clutch it would feel better
One of the few Built Forged Supercharged solaras in so cal
335whp x 344tq.
ToyoSolV6

Postby TheGreenDutch » Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:58 pm

mine just hit 150000. wooo. Still good little rattles here and there but knocking on wood.
TheGreenDutch
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

PreviousNext

Return to Stock Gen 1 and 1.5