[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Hows your Gen 1's Holding Up?
Stock talk about the Generation 1 and 1.5 Toyota Solara which were produced from 1999 to 2003.

Hows your Gen 1's Holding Up?

Re: Hows your Gen 1's Holding Up?

Postby ThurzNite » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:05 pm

I'd like to get new seats too, especially driver side, but no junk yard ships them, and I haven't found a local yard with the color I need. :(
Dr J
ThurzNite
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby SubjectAlpha » Mon May 09, 2011 10:10 am

My 2000 has 83K miles on it and I think it's held up wonderfully. A few more repairs in the past year -- broken sway bar, replaced ignition coil -- but it still runs like it's brand new. The powertrain is still as solid and energetic as the day I bought it new. I wouldn't hesitate to take it on a cross-country trip. Without question the most reliable car I've ever owned.
SubjectAlpha
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby indiglosolara » Tue May 10, 2011 7:22 pm

My Solara has been pretty good to me considering how many times she has been modified and put back to stock.. lolz...

02 with 145k miles now...
everything is good except for the minor door dings and sway bar noise from the TRD RSB bushing.. nothing a little grease can't fix... I have to do this about once every 2 years or so...

Replaced the Dog Bone about a year ago... Radiator and cooling components about 6 months ago.. Nothing other then normal wear and tear stuff that will go out over time...

She now since on stock suspension and OEM 16's. Only thing I still have on there is my k&n filter, RSB and TRD Kit... everything else is stock now...
indiglosolara
Solara 2 xB
Solara 2 xB

Postby Solorange » Mon May 16, 2011 4:16 pm

HaHa this thread is still alive! Since I created it I now am up to 177500 miles. Still drives the same as last, except the road noise is a bit worse. Don't even care about that!
1999 Toyota Solara SEV6 5speed
2009 Toyota Highlander Sport
2005 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Solorange
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby ThurzNite » Mon May 23, 2011 2:55 pm

99 v6 5sp
Lil status update, officially hit 205k, ran some 0w-30 mobile for a while, just sent in oil for analysis at about 3k. Waiting to get report back. Topped off 1qt with m1 5w-30. Drove 422 miles with AC on, under 10 over posted, got 25.2 mpg. On the trip back, 410 miles, under 15 over posted, no AC, 25.0mpg. Overall, I'm surprised how it's holding up compared to my other 2 cars I've taken beyond 200k. So Mechanically, it's still all there when following maintenance schedule.
What sucks is that my minivan did the same trip, and got better MPG. I'm really considering selling the solara and driving the van instead. More torque, more room, more mpg.

Dr J
ThurzNite
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Loui08 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:06 am

Still have my 1st Generation Solara
*99 Sandrift Metallic with almost 241k miles & still
running like a champ!
Loui08
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Solarasian » Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:28 pm

01 black. dent on the passenger side from a hit and run, 161k miles brake light has been on. i thought it was the e brake, took care of that and its still on.
needs spark plugs. other than that its golden
Auto SLE V6
6000k VVME Bi-Xenon
GReddy SP2 catback
injen SRI is2030p
Kaminari Lip Kit(stand by)
Tokico hp Struts
Tein S Tech
Solarasian
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby ToyoSolV6 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:07 pm

update for mine, i guess i didnt take care of my engine as well as i was supposed to. im getting pretty bad blowby, so in june im picking up another engine from Greg and starting all over with new goodies :)
One of the few Built Forged Supercharged solaras in so cal
335whp x 344tq.
ToyoSolV6
Solaraguy's dopest driver
Solaraguy's dopest driver

Postby TLMNICK » Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:56 pm

Solarasian wrote:01 black. dent on the passenger side from a hit and run, 161k miles brake light has been on. i thought it was the e brake, took care of that and its still on.

Open your hood, and check your brake fluid. If it's low, that'll also cause your brake light to illuminate.

While I'm here, I'll update. I still have my Gen1 convertible. It only hast 49,000 miles on it now (80,000km). It's currently sleeping for the winter as she always does. I've been toying with the idea of selling her in the spring, but I haven't made up my mind yet.
TLMNICK
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby 2Gud2BTru » Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:22 am

2001 Fairway Green SLE with 211***. Tiny oil leak that has yet to touch the ground, only leaking around engine and about to leak onto exhaust manifold as told from mechanic. Second owner. Original tranny and suspension. Recently replaced an ignition coil because Cylinder 1 was misfiring. The usual tune ups have been done so far. Still running strong and is gonna be the car relied on through college till next car is bought. Im 18 years old and lovin this car.
-01' SLE v6 coupe:Traded in. 223k
-06' Accord Coupe 4banger: DD
2Gud2BTru
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby DSM_Lara » Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:56 am

TLMNICK wrote:
Solarasian wrote:01 black. dent on the passenger side from a hit and run, 161k miles brake light has been on. i thought it was the e brake, took care of that and its still on.

Open your hood, and check your brake fluid. If it's low, that'll also cause your brake light to illuminate.

While I'm here, I'll update. I still have my Gen1 convertible. It only hast 49,000 miles on it now (80,000km). It's currently sleeping for the winter as she always does. I've been toying with the idea of selling her in the spring, but I haven't made up my mind yet.

...^^^ You are going to regret that... With a unique car the way yours is set-up, I don't think I would do that. 8)
1999 Toyota Solara SE V6 (TRD Edition) Rare Greddy EvoII/CP-E Intake/Renova Grill/Black Housing Front/OEM Hood Deflector :kp: :spam3: :spam1:Musubi
DSM_Lara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Solorange » Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:37 am

2Gud2BTru wrote:2001 Fairway Green SLE with 211***. Tiny oil leak that has yet to touch the ground, only leaking around engine and about to leak onto exhaust manifold as told from mechanic. Second owner. Original tranny and suspension. Recently replaced an ignition coil because Cylinder 1 was misfiring. The usual tune ups have been done so far. Still running strong and is gonna be the car relied on through college till next car is bought. Im 18 years old and lovin this car.

Its probably your valve cover gaskets leaking. My rear gasket leaked and oil ran done the side of the block. When it touches the exhaust manifold you could smell a faint burnt oil smell coming into the cabin. I had to take my to the dealer 4 times for them to get the job done right. Now 2 years later its starting to leak again. Ill either fix it myself or live with it because it seems like it will be a reoccuring issue and Im not going to hassle with other people trying to fix it.
1999 Toyota Solara SEV6 5speed
2009 Toyota Highlander Sport
2005 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Solorange
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Solarasian » Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:47 am

DSM_Lara wrote:
TLMNICK wrote:

...^^^ You are going to regret that... With a unique car the way yours is set-up, I don't think I would do that. 8)

lol if tlmnick sells it, i want it!!! it wasnt the fluid level btw, its right where it should be with fluid.
Auto SLE V6
6000k VVME Bi-Xenon
GReddy SP2 catback
injen SRI is2030p
Kaminari Lip Kit(stand by)
Tokico hp Struts
Tein S Tech
Solarasian
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby 2Gud2BTru » Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:37 pm

Solorange wrote:
2Gud2BTru wrote:2001 Fairway Green SLE with 211***. Tiny oil leak that has yet to touch the ground, only leaking around engine and about to leak onto exhaust manifold as told from mechanic. Second owner. Original tranny and suspension. Recently replaced an ignition coil because Cylinder 1 was misfiring. The usual tune ups have been done so far. Still running strong and is gonna be the car relied on through college till next car is bought. Im 18 years old and lovin this car.

Its probably your valve cover gaskets leaking. My rear gasket leaked and oil ran done the side of the block. When it touches the exhaust manifold you could smell a faint burnt oil smell coming into the cabin. I had to take my to the dealer 4 times for them to get the job done right. Now 2 years later its starting to leak again. Ill either fix it myself or live with it because it seems like it will be a reoccuring issue and Im not going to hassle with other people trying to fix it.

yeah the smell of burning oil did come into the cabin whenever the heater was on.
Im gonna have it fixed in in the next week or so. How much did the dealer charge to fix it?
-01' SLE v6 coupe:Traded in. 223k
-06' Accord Coupe 4banger: DD
2Gud2BTru
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Billdo » Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:08 pm

118k on a 2002 4cyl. Everything still works. Nice hole in the drivers seat from my father on the side bolster, chips on hood from stones, one on passenger door. Other than that its all good.
Billdo
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

PreviousNext

Return to Stock Gen 1 and 1.5