[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Hows your Gen 1's Holding Up?
Stock talk about the Generation 1 and 1.5 Toyota Solara which were produced from 1999 to 2003.

Hows your Gen 1's Holding Up?

Re: Hows your Gen 1's Holding Up?

Postby supraguy17 » Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:22 pm

99 SLE just hit 116k I've got CEL with o2 senors and EVAP system problems as well, other then those the paint is fair, its got the usual dings and parking lot marks..
1998 Mistsubishi Eclipse GS-T: Too many mods to list.
supraguy17
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby mettler » Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:59 am

my 2000 has 194,000+ miles on it and runs extremely well (still at 27+ mpg when I go on trips and around 23mpg driving around DC). I am just at the point where I have to get some new suspension parts (trying to decide on that now). I had to get a new driver's leather seat, but I was able to find an almost brand new one out of a wrecked Solara in a junkyard. I do the regular maintenance, so that helps. I have done on timing belt change. The paint is still in great shape and looks super when I do a deep clean. All the electronics still work. The only thing that really broke due to wear and tear was the wire cable that lifts the window - I had to get that fixed.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ice-Dragon-Cooling/139536759426738
mettler
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby ozone » Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:00 am

234,000 miles on my wife's 99 V6 5 speed. Our window hits the trim on the car too. Very annoying. We had it painted a while ago when it got hit and I asked them to fix that. They didn't. The only problem with the car now is that the transmission/axles clunk if I let up and then apply the throttle. I'm thinking something in the transmission is wearing. We also have the clutch squeaking issue when cold. That's about it, but I do maintain the car. Overall, I find it to still be reliable. I wouldn't hesitate to drive it cross-country.
World's first V6 powered AE92. . . in progress.
ozone
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby solaraqueen » Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:14 am

167,000 @ 305whp still running strong, looks great inside & out........
solaraqueen
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Pogs » Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:44 pm

My car has seen better days. On the inside, everything except for the floor mats looks new. I have a creaky suspension in the back. I do think its the mounts and something going on with the RSB. All mechanics are running great. Got 29mpg on my last trip. My clutch feels like its starting to slip, something I didnt expect yet. My dd has 93k on it and the usual exterior marks. Few chips here, surprisingly no door dings just some wierd looking marks. If you dont remember me or know me I have a 2000 5sfe 5 speed.
Life is 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you react to it.
Search and Win
Its a search engine that gives you random points to get free stuff they offer.
Pogs
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby mig0s » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:05 pm

Pogs wrote:My car has seen better days. On the inside, everything except for the floor mats looks new. I have a creaky suspension in the back. I do think its the mounts and something going on with the RSB. All mechanics are running great. Got 29mpg on my last trip. My clutch feels like its starting to slip, something I didnt expect yet. My dd has 93k on it and the usual exterior marks. Few chips here, surprisingly no door dings just some wierd looking marks. If you dont remember me or know me I have a 2000 5sfe 5 speed.

Since when 4 bangers came with 5 speed? Did you swap it?
1999 V6 5-Speed... so beautiful :' )
Black housing headlights, corner. 55w 6k HID, 2500k fogs, TWM Short Shifter+weighted knob, Tein+KYB, TRD lip kit + Acura CL type-S front lip. TSW Kyalami 18x8. Cutom 2.5" SS free flow muffler.
mig0s
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Pogs » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:30 pm

no it came like that from the factory. i know plenty of gen1s that have the same combo as me. Best combo for good gas milage.
Life is 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you react to it.
Search and Win
Its a search engine that gives you random points to get free stuff they offer.
Pogs
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby solaraqueen » Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:41 pm

i get 30mpg hwy @305hp 3.0....
solaraqueen
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby CoolguyAT » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:43 am

Mine is doing fairly well - had to get my gaskets replaced and some wiring due to an oil leak back in December and now I have to get the side view mirror on the passenger side replaced since some idiot hit it in the parking garage of my apartment complex.
CoolguyAT
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby ThurzNite » Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:03 am

At 205k miles, this car trouble free compared to my other car with 205k!!! However, it's got more rattles behind the dash, and seems to have chassis flex creeks. Agreed on the paint, it's doing very very well.

Dr J
ThurzNite
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Loui08 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:01 am

99 SLE 226,110 miles. Got if Sept 09 for $1,500. I have only invested like $1,200. Tint,sounds,HID lights,tune up,brakes & regular oil changes. I use Valvoline Synthetic. The interior looks brand new & the outside no damage at all. I love this car.
Loui08
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby rg456 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:06 am

03 solara 157,000 miles on it se 5speed doing well need to replace my o2 censor though
rg456
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby sol-brotha » Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:06 pm

Can't complain about my 2000 SLE V6.. 99K miles on it. Had the brake booster go out on it and also swapped out the power steering pump. It's good to know people who own junk yards. Car looks great all washed up. Dings and dents and rattles and bumps but that sounds like the norm.
Sol-Brotha
T-County, Ohio
sol-brotha
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby ThurzNite » Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:52 pm

sol-brotha wrote:Can't complain about my 2000 SLE V6.. 99K miles on it. Had the brake booster go out on it and also swapped out the power steering pump. It's good to know people who own junk yards. Car looks great all washed up. Dings and dents and rattles and bumps but that sounds like the norm.

I'm about to do my brake booster. What was that like?

And how do you kno if the power steering pump's broke? What were your symptoms?

Dr J
ThurzNite
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby sol-brotha » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:16 pm

I was told if it was a slow leak it was the pump. Maybe one of the seals went bad. I picked a used one up at a junk yard and had a buddy swap it out. Replaced the return hose too. Had the brake booster done at a dealership.
Sol-Brotha
T-County, Ohio
sol-brotha
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

PreviousNext

Return to Stock Gen 1 and 1.5