[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - V6 Valve Cover- How to remove this wiring harness clip
Stock talk about the Generation 1 and 1.5 Toyota Solara which were produced from 1999 to 2003.

V6 Valve Cover- How to remove this wiring harness clip

Re: V6 Valve Cover- How to remove this wiring harness clip

Postby keatingfee » Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:53 pm

DSM_Lara wrote:Just curious how many miles is on the car????

I cant be sure right now but i wanna say right around 150,000....ill update with the exact figure when i can
keatingfee
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby keatingfee » Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:31 am

DSM_Lara wrote:Just curious how many miles is on the car????

138,000 is the official number. I was close
keatingfee
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby keatingfee » Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:01 am

Hey guys and gals, IM ALIVE, ugh so basically after i had the valve cover off life came and kicked me in the nethers a few times, lost my doctor and a government snafu had my disability time---the two years i had to wait to get social security disability, reset back to 2 full years and i only had like 2 months left, so i lost it, lost my doctor, physical therapist, and pain management doctor, i basically crawled into bed and was stuck there for just over a year. I got up once a day to eat a piece of bread and drink some water. I lost 85 pounds within the first few months just from being in too much pain to be able to eat. Finally got a letter saying they realized their error and i was now officially covered by Medicare and made some phone calls and went to my doctor looking like Robin Williams when he first returned from the Jungle in "Jumanji" and anyway their being twats with the pain meds, theyve got me on such low doses but at lleast im able to move again and things are on the improve. :fadein:
First thing i did, called a friend to bring his jack over and be a second set of hands because my baby had been sitting there sick the whole time i was, i was worried that she would be hurt from being a little overexposed, i had the valve cover on her but didnt have the spark plug boots in all the way, i learned to always leave a job like you wont get back to it for 2 years :o because you can never guarantee tomorrow.

So my friend, actually my dads friend but i grew short of friends during my 15 months in bed so i called an old family friend and he picked up a gasket on his way over....same as the one i had bought except they aparently switched the color of gaskets at o'reileys from felpro's clay red to o'reiley green. But the job is done, the only issue i ran into besides having to replace a battery and finding out that my dope head brothers drug dealer had stabbed my tires and scratched up MY CAR bad when my brother bailed on his debt, was that the valve cover bolts are soft and the part of above the threading tends to snap under the recommended torque, you'll feel it with the torque wrench it just wont feel right and will feel soft and wont be clicking and thing snap, that only happened on one but since i had to go to the yota dealership i just replaced all the bolts, recconected all the 'lectrical and hoses and hydrated my baby with all her favorite fluids and added a little seafoam and a little MMO and a little of some other crap i cant remember the name of to the gas tank because i know stabil isnt intended to last 2 years, i had a half full tank, and filled the rest of the tank with premium and let the tank sit a few minutes.

Moment of truth, i opened her sexy but scratched by a heroin dealer door and slid right in, leather welcoming me with a tight embrace, i put it in her (LMAO) and i turned the key, oh man about 3 seconds of hesitation and she started right up and puurrrrreedd, no smoke or any of that crap cuz all the fluids had been drained thank god and i did a proper motor flush before i was bedridden.

I was sure my by 2013 i would have been fully decked out with all the TRD goodness i could find and a auto to manual conversion done as well but im still finishing my 2011 work instead, not cool but im delighted to be getting out of bed every day again at least, i mean crap im only 26 years old im trying to have as little of life taken from me as possible.Forum been busy or seen a huge drop off. I see the same OG's are still around which is awesome. To anyone who is still around that helped me throughout this little project i started over 2 years ago, thanks for your help, couldnt have done it without you, glad to be back and still can't wait to hear a supercharger whine under that hood.
keatingfee
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby keatingfee » Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:13 am

mig0s wrote:Congrats! So Sludge or no?

No sludge, some buildup of what i guess is carbon deposits maybe, but no sludge
keatingfee
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby keatingfee » Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:36 am

Lastly as promised two years ago, and not sure why the link is gone unless i just didnt post it back then. First a Mardi gras Parade Cam http://www.nola.com/paradecam/

and two Bourbon street cams
http://www.earthcam.com/events/mardigras/
http://www.earthcam.com/events/mardigras/

Depending on what parades are going and all that the cams may seem dead and bourbon may be shoulder to shoulder or vice-verse and if its raining like it is now they may all seem a little lackluster, but come lundi gras and mardi gras, tomorrow(monday) and Fat tuesday, they will be jam packed 24/7 regardless of the weather
keatingfee
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Previous

Return to Stock Gen 1 and 1.5