[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Can I debadge?
Stock talk about the Generation 1 and 1.5 Toyota Solara which were produced from 1999 to 2003.

Can I debadge?

Re: Can I debadge?

Postby dinoxor » Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:23 pm

yeah maybe it's just me since that may be the left over residue from the wax since I have no idea what the previous owner may have done to it.
but in any case,
DO IT! YOU WILL LOVE IT REGARDLESS
;]
dinoxor
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby St.Anton » Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:02 pm

Just debadged :)

Very, VERY minor imprint left on the rear. Probably can't even show you with pictures. Other than that, looks like the car was made like this. Will post pics soon. Thanks for all the input!
St.Anton
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby St.Anton » Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:27 am

Pics! Couldn't even capture the impression left from the rear badges in a picture. Awesome.

ImageImage
ImageImage
St.Anton
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby GzNutz » Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:05 am

Looks great!
GzNutz
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby 02slera » Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:48 pm

Nice. This is one of the rare cases where i can say "told ya so" and its a good thing. car looks clean. now its time to lower it :D
2002 Solara SLE v6
02slera
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby dinoxor » Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:01 pm

NOOOIIICEEE!
three thumbs up! :sweet: :sweet: :sweet:
dinoxor
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby St.Anton » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:57 pm

02slera wrote:Nice. This is one of the rare cases where i can say "told ya so" and its a good thing. car looks clean. now its time to lower it :D

No no. That's opening pandora's box. All exterior mods are a waste of money unless I drop the car. I don't wanna deal with driving a slammed whip, and I also shouldn't put too much money into this car.

I'll just settle for a nice system, clean lights, and whatever else I can do to make the ride feel bossier for me.
St.Anton
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby 02slera » Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:05 am

St.Anton wrote:
02slera wrote:Nice. This is one of the rare cases where i can say "told ya so" and its a good thing. car looks clean. now its time to lower it :D

No no. That's opening pandora's box. All exterior mods are a waste of money unless I drop the car. I don't wanna deal with driving a slammed whip, and I also shouldn't put too much money into this car.

I'll just settle for a nice system, clean lights, and whatever else I can do to make the ride feel bossier for me.

lol well its your car. but when i say "lower it" its a friendly suggestion that many people do and its not just to make the car look cool, there are other small gains. and i certainly didnt mean a "slammed whip", most people just go for the 1.5" drop that the eibach pro kit provides. but in any case, the car does look better debadged, so congrats on a successful and inexpensive mod.
2002 Solara SLE v6
02slera
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby AnglerfisH » Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:27 pm

I would love to remove the TOYOTA and Solara badges from my trunk, but I have a Diamond White Pearl and it has dark tan lines which makes me hesitant to remove them :-? . I don't know if buffing it will get rid of them. I'll take a pic tomorrow.
Philips X-treme Power halogens
K&N drop filter
AnglerfisH
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby St.Anton » Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:21 pm

Well my tanlines are actually starting to show now. I don't know why, but i'm gonna try to buff em again and see what happens. White might be better tho black shows everything
St.Anton
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Previous

Return to Stock Gen 1 and 1.5