[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - 1999 Solara Calif Em ECM replacement
Stock talk about the Generation 1 and 1.5 Toyota Solara which were produced from 1999 to 2003.

1999 Solara Calif Em ECM replacement

1999 Solara Calif Em ECM replacement

Postby don.frenzel » Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:01 pm

Hi, I am new to the forum as I am trying to help a friend with a 1999 Solara V6 with California emission and non-transponder key. It had a number of codes and ran odd for a while. all codes researched eneded with bad part or ECM so I ordered a used ECM from eBay with the same exact numbers and it will not start. There is a code for no transponder data sent. I have tried 2 used computers without success and was not sure if the unit needed to be flashed or reprogrammed. I did see an instruction to learn the non-transponder key that included turning the key on for at least 2 seconds then off and repeat 4 times, but I have not had any luck. Any ideas would be welcomed. Best regards Don.
don.frenzel
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: 1999 Solara Calif Em ECM replacement

Postby TheGreenDutch » Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:23 pm

bumped for further review. Someone should be able to help you out.
TheGreenDutch
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Re: 1999 Solara Calif Em ECM replacement

Postby ThurzNite » Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:42 am

Just checking the obvious: It's not a stolen car, right?
Dr J
ThurzNite
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to Stock Gen 1 and 1.5