[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Returning Toyota Owner?
Stock talk about the Generation 1 and 1.5 Toyota Solara which were produced from 1999 to 2003.

Are you an owner of a previous Toyota vehicle before your Solara or Camry?

Yes
69%
No
31%

Total votes : 13

Returning Toyota Owner?

Postby onefiend » Sat Jul 13, 2002 2:33 pm

damn Chris!

I just saw the pics of your Celica GTS, if your Celica looks like that I wonder how the dog looks...glad you were able to walk away from that crash.

enjoy your Solara and drive safe (and watch out for stray animals)
onefiend
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Sway Bar Install & Where to Get Them

Postby cdssolara » Sat Jul 13, 2002 4:58 pm

The way bar installation is fairly easy, at least for a rear bar. The bar attaches at each end to the suspension. There are two holes on each end of the bar, the outer one is for street setting, and the inner one is a bit firmer for track setting. The bars are also attached to the chassis by brackets, with bushings around the bar at the brackets. You can see all of this if you just look under you car and see how the stock sway bar is attached. The most difficult part of the job is maneuvering the bar around the exhaust piping. You don't have to jack the car up to do the job, but it will probably make it a little easier. Make sure that you jack both sides, though. It should take 45 minutes, maybe a little more, to complete the job. One tip; make sure you grease the bushings really well. After they are on for awhile, they tend to start squeaking. The bar will come with a small tube of grease, but it's not that great. Go to an auto parts store and get some lithium grease. Apply it liberally to the bushings.

Toyotoguys price was a little expensive, the last time I checked. I think it was almost $220. Try Toyotaparts4u.com or partznet.com. The last time I checked their prices, it was in the $150 range.
cdssolara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Previous

Return to Stock Gen 1 and 1.5