[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Does Gen 1 have traction control?
Stock talk about the Generation 1 and 1.5 Toyota Solara which were produced from 1999 to 2003.

Does Gen 1 have traction control?

Does Gen 1 have traction control?

Postby SteveSolara » Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:16 pm

Well i was just wondering if the Gen 1 solaras have a traction control, because i have the SE v6 model and i can see in the odometer that there is a "traction control off" indicator. It's not off or anything but i just wanted to know if there are any and where is it located.
Image Image
SteveSolara
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Re: Does Gen 1 have traction control?

Postby TLMNICK » Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:28 pm

The gen1 SLE models came with traction control.
TLMNICK
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby SteveSolara » Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:45 pm

ah ok, thats prob why the odometer has the indicator
Image Image
SteveSolara
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby SpeedySolara » Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:41 pm

TLMNICK wrote:The gen1 SLE models came with traction control.

Yup! The 99-03 SLE models came with it. If you had traction control you'd also have a "TRAC OFF" button on your center console between the shifter and cup holders (gen 1) or on the shifter frame (gen 1.5 & convertibles). Additionally, when all the dashboard lights turn on at start up, the "TRAC OFF" would also light up if you had it.
[size=150][b]Get your Big Brake Kit today:[/b][/size]
http://www.solaraguy.com/viewtopic.php?t=48573
SpeedySolara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby ThurzNite » Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:52 am

Gas pedal + Brake pedal = Traction control.

It's a method some rally guys use to override the ABS and brake bias. When I took my 5sp V6 off road, I used this technique. Poor man's LSD too!

Can't wait till Feb... RallyX!!!

Dr J
ThurzNite
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby TRD_Sloara » Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:12 am

So it's not possible to get the 5 speed model with TC? My car originally had leather and 5 speed, and the carfax mentioned it was an SE/SLE model, but no traction control as far as I know? I'm assuming my car came from the factory 5 speed cloth, and the dealership had leather seats put in per customer request?
TRD_Sloara
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby SteveSolara » Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:46 pm

TRD_Sloara wrote:So it's not possible to get the 5 speed model with TC? My car originally had leather and 5 speed, and the carfax mentioned it was an SE/SLE model, but no traction control as far as I know? I'm assuming my car came from the factory 5 speed cloth, and the dealership had leather seats put in per customer request?

I think so because i have the SE model with cloth, and Gold Trim. But it didnt come with TC. I think its starts from Gen1 SLE model and up
Image Image
SteveSolara
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby SpeedySolara » Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:27 pm

The manual Solara didn't come with traction control. In reference to other options such as leather, sunroof, etc. those were options available. The only trim that came fully loaded with all the options was the SLE trim. Some options like digital climate control and side air bags were only available on the SLE.
[size=150][b]Get your Big Brake Kit today:[/b][/size]
http://www.solaraguy.com/viewtopic.php?t=48573
SpeedySolara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Return to Stock Gen 1 and 1.5