[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Where is the convertible top electronic control unit?
Stock talk about the Generation 1 and 1.5 Toyota Solara which were produced from 1999 to 2003.

Where is the convertible top electronic control unit?

Where is the convertible top electronic control unit?

Postby ricksolara » Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:51 pm

I just bought a 2000 Solara SLE convertible, white with a tan top, and I could really use some help?

1 Where is the convertible top electronic control unit (ecu)? I've looked and I can't find it. Is it behind the rear seat? I lifted up the seat bottom and it wasn't there. Is it behind the seat back? Is it in the middle of the car or on one side?

Or do I get to the ecu from the trunk? I took out the Xmas tree plugs and lowered the cardboard wall above the trunk, at least a little. There's a second sheet of cardboard above that that shows from the passenger compartment, and I didn't see anything in the small space between the two sheets.

I have all the shop manuals and only the convertible supplement deals with convertibles and it only has 3 pages about them (not counting the instructions on changing the top). It just has an outline sketch, that shows it somewhere behind the front seat and in front of the rear bumper, probably near the middle of that. (Haynes and Chilton get most of their info from the shop manuals, so I don't expect they will say any more.)

Thanks a lot for any help, Rick
ricksolara
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to Stock Gen 1 and 1.5