[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - What is this dashboard dome? Martians?
Stock talk about the Generation 1 and 1.5 Toyota Solara which were produced from 1999 to 2003.

What is this dashboard dome? Martians?

What is this dashboard dome? Martians?

Postby ricksolara » Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:00 pm

There is a little dark plastic dome on the left side of the dashboard that I've learned keeps track of daylight, and in some circumstances turns the headlights to full brightness when twilight comes. But there is also a slightly larger dark plastic dome on the right side of the dashboard, almost the right end and close to the windshield. What does this do?

Mine is a 2000 SLE convertible, but I'm sure a lot of other cars have these domes too, right?

Thanks, Rick.
ricksolara
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: What is this dashboard dome? Martians?

Postby 1gSE » Sat Oct 15, 2011 4:29 am

I don't know about a dome on the left side (maybe its specific to SLE models) but the one on the right is a photocell that turns the lights on and off depending on how dark/bright it is
GTO-Vararam/Kooks/Spintech/MGW-P/Tune-12.9 @108
Solara-M62 @ 5.5psi
1gSE
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby DSM_Lara » Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:19 am

If your looking at your car from the front it's on your left hand side and if your looking at it from within your car its on the right hand side. Make sense? But, if he's saying he has 2 then IDK...
But, ya its your sensor for your headlights.
1999 Toyota Solara SE V6 (TRD Edition) Rare Greddy EvoII/CP-E Intake/Renova Grill/Black Housing Front/OEM Hood Deflector :kp: :spam3: :spam1:Musubi
DSM_Lara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby 1gSE » Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:30 am

I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or thinking I'm really that dumb.....
Solara-M62 @ 5.5psi
1gSE
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby TheGreenDutch » Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:55 am

you have 2 of them? The passenger side one is for the daytime lights.
TheGreenDutch
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby 1gSE » Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:30 am

just drove home...the left side isn't a dome, its more like a circular plug and its the same color as the interior.
Solara-M62 @ 5.5psi
1gSE
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby reidcc » Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:17 am

The one on the Left side of Dash is your sun load sensor for the Automatic Temp Control AC. You must have the LCD Readout AC Panel.
Chris
reidcc
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to Stock Gen 1 and 1.5