[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Gas tank issue
Stock talk about the Generation 1 and 1.5 Toyota Solara which were produced from 1999 to 2003.

Gas tank issue

Gas tank issue

Postby gnaw_divad » Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:34 am

2000 Toyota Solara SLE V6
Automatic

This just happened about 3 weeks ago. I tried to put gas in and before I can get .50 cents in, the gas nozzle pops like it's full. I tried again and it will do that every 2-3 seconds and I just have to keep doing it until I get about $20.00 in and can't take it anymore. I tried a few different gas stations and the same thing happens at all of them. I've owned the car since 2001 and never anything like this? Any ideas?
gnaw_divad
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Re: Gas tank issue

Postby SteveSolara » Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:43 am

Check the Vent hose on the nozzle, see if any dirt or foreign objects is stuck in there, also check if there are any hoses that are twisted or clogged. Do that first and see if it helps.
Image Image
SteveSolara
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby yaddadaimsayin » Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:20 am

nah I have this problem with our 05 mustang too. so far everyone has suggested that it's the gas pump or the way I pump gas but how noob do you have to be to not know how to pump gas correctly? The closest thing I've gotten to a real answer so far has been somethin about the vapor sensor needing to be replaced but I haven't gotten that checked out yet. I've just been standing there clickin away until I fill up enough gas or eventually give up. let me know if you find a better solution.
l CP-e Intake l TRD Lowered/Exhaust/RSB l 20/5 Tints l Custom Grille l Alpine HU l Rocksford Amp l 2 10" JBL Subs l 6000k HID l Smoked 2.5 Tails l Satisfied Driver l
yaddadaimsayin
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby SpeedySolara » Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:42 pm

This is supposedly a common issue for the G35 guys. My boy had this problem on his G35 so Ill ask him what he did or replaced to fix it. In the meantime, try to do a google search on that & something should come up since its common for them. Good luck.
[size=150][b]Get your Big Brake Kit today:[/b][/size]
http://www.solaraguy.com/viewtopic.php?t=48573
SpeedySolara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Return to Stock Gen 1 and 1.5