[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Goodbye :(
Stock talk about the Generation 1 and 1.5 Toyota Solara which were produced from 1999 to 2003.

Goodbye :(

Goodbye :(

Postby mazen222 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:28 pm

After spending more than $2k on my car to bring back to almost new:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=52188

Two weeks later, I'm driving on a quite street near my place, some dumb idiot didnt think twice before backing up in my way from a parking lot... tried to avoid him at the last second, which i did, but ended up slipping (was going 70 km/h) and went through a parked car... while i was stuck under the car i went in, he leaves as if nothing happens. End result: broke my hand because i grabbed the steering wheel so hard and the air bags didnt pop because i went under the other car (i was braking)
... and my car is declared scrap by the insurance... all they gave me after long negotiations was $3.5k

With that being said, it was amazing being part of this community. You guys have helped me a lot and i want to thank each one of you for everything.
I will most probably buy a 2008 Acura TL S type or an Audi A4.

I wish you all the best, drive safe!
Mazen
1999, 5 Speed V6
mazen222
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Re: Goodbye :(

Postby 1gSE » Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:38 pm

ouch, sorry to hear that. pic hurts to look at too. have fun with the new car. The A4 has tons of potential
GTO-Vararam/Kooks/Spintech/MGW-P/Tune-12.9 @108
Solara-M62 @ 5.5psi
1gSE
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby SteveSolara » Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:50 pm

Good luck with everything, there is no goodbye, your always welcome even if you don't have the solara anymore (Ex solaraguy.com) lol, just keep on the boosting, tuning, mods, and maybe some day another Solara???? Hehehe get well soon.
Image Image
SteveSolara
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby mig0s » Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:48 pm

That flippin sucks... good luck on your next car. I personally think 3.5k is not that bad!
1999 V6 5-Speed... so beautiful :' )
Black housing headlights, corner. 55w 6k HID, 2500k fogs, TWM Short Shifter+weighted knob, Tein+KYB, TRD lip kit + Acura CL type-S front lip. TSW Kyalami 18x8. Cutom 2.5" SS free flow muffler.
mig0s
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby chriscarter » Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:58 am

What about keeping your car and using the parts on another Solara? Maybe negotiate with the insurance company....you could come out of this pretty well and still have a similar car.
chriscarter

Postby SteveSolara » Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:39 am

chriscarter wrote:What about keeping your car and using the parts on another Solara? Maybe negotiate with the insurance company....you could come out of this pretty well and still have a similar car.

The is very true, keep the car or sell the car for parts. maybe you or another member on solaraguy can use a part.
Image Image
SteveSolara
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby cartang » Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:47 am

Good luck.
[IMG]http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj307/cartang1/007-2-1.jpg[/IMG]
Camry 99, 5sp manual, SC,CPE intake,OBX headers, Jim's fuel system,Walbro pump,Greddy exhaust,Exedy 1 clutch,Fidanza flyweel.
Camry 07, V6,TRD cat back,Fujita CAI, GS 430 rims
cartang
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby yaddadaimsayin » Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:14 am

mazen222 wrote: while i was stuck under the car i went in, he leaves as if nothing happens.

that's whack. sorry for your misfortunes, man.
l CP-e Intake l TRD Lowered/Exhaust/RSB l 20/5 Tints l Custom Grille l Alpine HU l Rocksford Amp l 2 10" JBL Subs l 6000k HID l Smoked 2.5 Tails l Satisfied Driver l
yaddadaimsayin
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby crispone » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:16 am

No need to say "goodbye"... and no need to LEAVE! :D

This forum (despite it's "slower nature" of activity in recent months/years) is STILL a pretty good community of folks. MUCH more tolerant and interactive REGARDLESS of vehicle owned. I'd suggest you keep engaged and at least consider SHARING in your NEW vehicle exploits!

Also, very sorry to hear the bad news. Good side is, it could have been worse, I suspect! G/L with new pursuits!

-crisp :evilbat:
crispone
Immitagably Verbose Dude
Immitagably Verbose Dude

Return to Stock Gen 1 and 1.5