[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Replacing O2 Sensor on 2000 V6 Solara
Stock talk about the Generation 1 and 1.5 Toyota Solara which were produced from 1999 to 2003.

Replacing O2 Sensor on 2000 V6 Solara

Replacing O2 Sensor on 2000 V6 Solara

Postby dkertis10 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:34 am

Title pretty much says it, I've been searching but cannot find step by step instructions on how to replace the oxygen sensor, specifically the bank 1 sensor 2 one. I have a Haynes manual at home but I'm off at school so I have nothing. I have a rough idea how to do it (snake the wires under the drivers seat and plug it in). Any tricks tips or other help would be great! I'm using a brand new Denso brand and I had my guy make sure the sensor is dead not just bad wires. I'm broke and don't want to spend $75/hr in labor
Kicker sound system, 17 inch MB Wheels on Continental ContiExtremeContact tires, more mods to come..
dkertis10
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Re: Replacing O2 Sensor on 2000 V6 Solara

Postby chriscarter » Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:44 am

You guys who ask these questions just tend to argue or dispute the answers or advice that you receive anyway, so you're on your own.
chriscarter

Postby TheGreenDutch » Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:20 am

hey just do a search theres tons of O2 threads on here. If you need a O2 sensor socket you can buy them at Harbor Frieght for like $5 bucks. or you can rent it at your auto place(sometimes) good luck PB Blaster/Liquid Wrench is your best friend.
TheGreenDutch
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby ACProductions » Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:55 am

Seriously? There aren't really any steps. Unplug, Unscrew, Done. Simple

My 2 cents
I wouldn't waste money on an o2 sensor wrench.

Umm I'd recommend:
- The o2 sensor socket and a really really good ratchet (with a lifetime warranty as it will most likely break)
- A small torch. I use a a soldering torch for copper plumbing.
- A cheater bar (one that is long and fits snuggly over your ratchet)
- High temp anti-seize, cause ya never know when you need to pull those buggers out again
- A big ole nasty pair of vice grips if all else fails (if you don't have the upper body strength or grip then you might want to fit a cheater bar for the Vice grips too)

Advice?
1. Torch it for a good minute, then spray with oil.

Still stuck?
2. Wipe the oil off and redo (if you don't wipe the oil it will catch on fire and that is a no no)

Still stuck?
3. Curse furiously at it

Still stuck?
4. See 3 then 1

Still stuck?
5. Vice grip that B**** (make sure to set the grip as tight as possible. Last thing you'd want is stripping the hex)

Still stuck?
6. See 3 and then convince yourself that you don't need to change those sensors and the car will be fine without it
FREE CHILTON MANUAL

The speed at which a woman says "nothing" when you ask her what's wrong is inversely proportional to the size of the coming storm.

ACProductions
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Return to Stock Gen 1 and 1.5