[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Help... dunno what's wrong with my clutch
Stock talk about the Generation 1 and 1.5 Toyota Solara which were produced from 1999 to 2003.

Help... dunno what's wrong with my clutch

Help... dunno what's wrong with my clutch

Postby mig0s » Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:55 pm

Hey y'all,

So a month ago my clutch pedal dropped to the floor and wouldn't get up. Found out my reservoir is empty so I changed my master cylinder and slave cylinder. Bled the clutch and everything went back to normal... for a month or so. A few days ago, my clutch's friction point went really low. When I press the pedal half way through, it does nothing and has no pressure. It became really hard to shift, especially when I try to engage the first gear. Now I bled the clutch again and the friction point is still low and there's no pressure when I press the clutch for 1/3 of the travel distance. My master and slave cylinders are NEW. Anybody can help me?
1999 V6 5-Speed... so beautiful :' )
Black housing headlights, corner. 55w 6k HID, 2500k fogs, TWM Short Shifter+weighted knob, Tein+KYB, TRD lip kit + Acura CL type-S front lip. TSW Kyalami 18x8. Cutom 2.5" SS free flow muffler.
mig0s
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Re: Help... dunno what's wrong with my clutch

Postby ACProductions » Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:00 pm

This is a stupid question but it helps with diag.

Did you set the clutch engagement height correctly?

This is done by loosening the 12 mm nut on the Master cylinder shaft, where it connects to the pedal, before the cotter pin and clip. You then set the travel and engagement point by turning the shaft either clockwise or counter clockwise.

This once happened to me and I found out that I had forgotten to tighten said 12mm nut on the MC shaft and it had spun itself all the way down to the point that I could only halfway disengage my clutch
FREE CHILTON MANUAL

The speed at which a woman says "nothing" when you ask her what's wrong is inversely proportional to the size of the coming storm.

ACProductions
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby mig0s » Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:27 pm

^^ I'm gonna go check tomorrow. Thanks for the reply. Hope that nut is not too hard to access.
1999 V6 5-Speed... so beautiful :' )
Black housing headlights, corner. 55w 6k HID, 2500k fogs, TWM Short Shifter+weighted knob, Tein+KYB, TRD lip kit + Acura CL type-S front lip. TSW Kyalami 18x8. Cutom 2.5" SS free flow muffler.
mig0s
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby ACProductions » Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:02 pm

It's a bit of a b****. I always have to recline the seat all the way back, and go head first down into the pedals and get 1 molecule away from dislocating my shoulder. Soooooo yeah
FREE CHILTON MANUAL

The speed at which a woman says "nothing" when you ask her what's wrong is inversely proportional to the size of the coming storm.

ACProductions
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Return to Stock Gen 1 and 1.5