[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Installing sunglass holder
Stock talk about the Generation 1 and 1.5 Toyota Solara which were produced from 1999 to 2003.

Installing sunglass holder

Installing sunglass holder

Postby SubjectAlpha » Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:39 pm

Ok, it's been 12 years but I'm now getting around to placing the sunglass holder in the overhead console area, but I'm trying to figure out how to get the blank door out. Seems like a plastic hinge but it's not apparent how the door releases from the housing. Anyone done this?
SubjectAlpha
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: Installing sunglass holder

Postby 1gSE » Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:18 pm

not that I know of....I just put mine in there
GTO-Vararam/Kooks/Spintech/MGW-P/Tune-12.9 @108
Solara-M62 @ 5.5psi
1gSE
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Re: Installing sunglass holder

Postby ThatVietGuy » Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:28 pm

The mechanism that holds the door on is like a hook.

IIRC, you open the door so it's vertical and push up. I think this is how it goes, but it's been a long time since I did it.
ThatVietGuy
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Return to Stock Gen 1 and 1.5