[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - 1999 Solara
Stock talk about the Generation 1 and 1.5 Toyota Solara which were produced from 1999 to 2003.

1999 Solara

1999 Solara

Postby Gene so » Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:17 pm

Hello ,

Recently I bought a 1999 Solara with the v6 and 5 speed. Its amazing to me that this very well appointed automobile is such a pleasure to drive and is getting nearly 40 miles per gallon at about seventy miles per hour, which surprised a Toyota dealer rep I talked to.

I like the handling and feel and want to find out more about this tiny V6 with four overhead cams. The information I have read is very basic. I enjoy this automobile so much I plan to keep it a long time. It now has 134,000. What should be done to keep this engine lasting as long as possible? Are there reliable after market items which will add even better gas mileage to this very special automobile?

Thanks in advance for an reliable info I can gain on this automobile.

Gene so
Gene so
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: 1999 Solara

Postby 1gSE » Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:31 am

lol you think 3 liters is small, you should see the v6 in the mx3. Basic maintenance is the key to keeping an engine healthy. Increasing gas mileage has a lot to do with driving style, but if you're already getting numbers that high, it may be difficult to improve on it. Making it breathe better will certainly help, but it'll only get you so far
GTO-Vararam/Kooks/Spintech/MGW-P/Tune-12.9 @108
Solara-M62 @ 5.5psi
1gSE
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Re: 1999 Solara

Postby SubjectAlpha » Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:11 pm

Congrats on the new (old) ride! Don't know what else you can do to keep it running. These are great cars with bulletproof engines. All I ever do is change the oil when it needs it, air filters, etc.
SubjectAlpha
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to Stock Gen 1 and 1.5