[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - tranny stuck in gear. bad tranny?
Stock talk about the Generation 1 and 1.5 Toyota Solara which were produced from 1999 to 2003.

tranny stuck in gear. bad tranny?

tranny stuck in gear. bad tranny?

Postby freshdenamufcka » Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:21 am

i cant get my tranny out of gear. it will shift but the car wont move. if i leave it in neutral and release the clutch pedal a little bit the car would drive. not sure what happend this morning because it was fine last night.

anyone ever have this problem and know what it might be? i just got my clutch done few months ago so i dont really wanna have to replace the whole tranny. if worst comes to worst...are there any other trannys would fit the gen 1 solara that are better?
freshdenamufcka
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Re: tranny stuck in gear. bad tranny?

Postby Gregtrd » Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:39 pm

What kind of clutch did you get installed?
The Fastest Camry in Socal
366whp / 427wtq @10.5psi
Gregtrd
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Gregtrd » Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:02 pm

Did you break in the clutch properly?
366whp / 427wtq @10.5psi
Gregtrd
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby freshdenamufcka » Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:03 am

my clutch is a exedy stage 1. i dont drive my car hard at all. its been 5k since i got it replaced.

it won't shift into any gear except reverse. but the car won't move. it only moves if i leave it in neutral and slowly release the clutch.

is there anything i can look at to see if its broken? i popped plastic off where the shifter is and removed the boot cover. the shifting mechanism seems to be intact and nothing broken.

thanks!
freshdenamufcka
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Gregtrd » Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:53 am

Does it make any grinding noise when you release the clutch.
366whp / 427wtq @10.5psi
Gregtrd
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby freshdenamufcka » Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:59 pm

not really grinding but, just makes that about-to-stall sound. and it does stall if i release the clutch all the way. its def stuck in gear, just not sure which one.
freshdenamufcka
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Return to Stock Gen 1 and 1.5