[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - 2003 Solara SLE Remote Beep
Stock talk about the Generation 1 and 1.5 Toyota Solara which were produced from 1999 to 2003.

2003 Solara SLE Remote Beep

2003 Solara SLE Remote Beep

Postby justme1522000 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:07 pm

Was hoping for some help , recently purchased a 2003 Solara SLE , after owning 2 Corollas , gotta love these Toyotas. The remote open/close beep when using the remotes has dwindled down to a very little chirp from the loud chirp I had. I can't seem to find where the chirp is coming from, is there a way to make it louder or just replace whatever causes the chirp? If you could.........
1. Where is the unit causing the chirp and is it easily replaceable.
2. Is there a diagram anywhere online?
3. Anyone else had this problem?

Thanks fellow Solara owners
justme1522000
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: 2003 Solara SLE Remote Beep

Postby minig646 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:06 pm

You're looking for a piezo element. It's like a little speaker that beeps, and I bet it's wearing out. I bought my 99 SLE with 111,000 miles on it and it never chirped at all until I installed an aftermarket alarm.

This topic covers the problem pretty extensively...
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=50697&hilit=alarm+chirp
minig646
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Return to Stock Gen 1 and 1.5