[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Rear Passenger Side Brake Sticking
Stock talk about the Generation 1 and 1.5 Toyota Solara which were produced from 1999 to 2003.

Rear Passenger Side Brake Sticking

Rear Passenger Side Brake Sticking

Postby KingKevin » Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:55 am

Hey guys. Haven't been on here in a while. Ive been busy at college and you're not allowed to bring your car to collage :/ anyways I just got back for winter break and drove my car. Sidenote: I love the solara and I've definitely missed it! but anyways the rear passenger side brake seems to be sticking. The reason I say this is because when I got out of my car I could smell a little burning smell. The rear passenger rotors were EXTREMLY hot. You could feel the heat from probably a foot away. None of the other rotors ever got that hot at all. After having discovered this I took off the wheel and disassembled the caliper to clear out any dust and whatnot. Then I tried spinning the rotor and it really seemed to be spinning freely with the caliper and brake pads back on. I thought the problem was solved... However I go for a little test drive for probably a couple of miles and boom it happens again when I get out of the car. Why are the brake pads sticking?! and what can I do about it!?

Thanks in advance
2001 SE V6

Injen intake w/ extension - Renova Grill - custom catback exhaust - 2 12" Kenwood subs - Tein s tech - neons - 8000k headlights - 3000k fogs
KingKevin
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Re: Rear Passenger Side Brake Sticking

Postby 1gSE » Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:12 pm

Wtf, I thought I replied to this earlier....must have hit the wrong button. Anyways, sliding pin lubed? Parking brake adjusted properly
GTO-Vararam/Kooks/Spintech/MGW-P/Tune-12.9 @108
Solara-M62 @ 5.5psi
1gSE
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby KingKevin » Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:36 pm

Yeah I relubed the sliding pins, but I don't think that was the problem anyways. I think it had to do with my e-brake. I brought it to my friends who is much more mechanically inclined than me and he fixed it for me so im good now. Thanks for the help anyways!
2001 SE V6

Injen intake w/ extension - Renova Grill - custom catback exhaust - 2 12" Kenwood subs - Tein s tech - neons - 8000k headlights - 3000k fogs
KingKevin
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby dinoxor » Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:35 pm

KingKevin wrote:Yeah I relubed the sliding pins, but I don't think that was the problem anyways. I think it had to do with my e-brake. I brought it to my friends who is much more mechanically inclined than me and he fixed it for me so im good now. Thanks for the help anyways!

what was the problem?!
You know in case this happened to us in the near future :D
dinoxor
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby KingKevin » Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:21 pm

the problem was the cable going from the ebrake to the rotor. just replaced that cable and it was fine! Thanks for your help guys.
2001 SE V6

KingKevin
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Return to Stock Gen 1 and 1.5