[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Help w/ SMALL EVAP LEAK
Stock talk about the Generation 1 and 1.5 Toyota Solara which were produced from 1999 to 2003.

Help w/ SMALL EVAP LEAK

Help w/ SMALL EVAP LEAK

Postby iiifly » Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:11 pm

2002 Solara SE 4 cyl, Auto - 175,000 miles

This problem has been vexing me for a while :bad-words: , and I can't seem to get it fixed. Took it to a shop and they changed the VSV next to the Charcoal Canister.

Came back on shortly after. I need to get the car inspected by end of the year, and I'm faced with having to take it in to Toyota tomorrow if I can't sort this out.

Light goes off after I fill the tank (but code is still stored in system - emissions not ready to be tested). Comes back on when it dips a bit. Perhaps if I just keep filling her up, the code will clear and It can be in inspection ready status???

Right now MIL light is off, but I hooked up Scanmaster-ELM, and I'm getting the following codes:

Stored: P0456-Evap Emission System Leak Detected (very small leak)
Pending: P0456-Evap Emission System Leak Detected (very small leak), P0489-Exhaust Gas Recirculation "A" Control Circuit Low, P0494 - Fan Speed Low

System Status: The vehicle is not ready for emissions testing.

I'm not sure if the other pendings make it past the pending stage.

Freeze Frame Data:

Fuel System 1 - Closed Loop
Calculated Load Value: 47%
Engine Coolant: 83C
Short Term Fuel Trim - Bank 1: 2.3%
Long Term Fuel Trim - Bank 1: 6.3%
Engine RPM: 2122
Vehicle Speed: 27/kmh
Intake Air Temp: 23C

Any ideas?? Thanks!
iiifly
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: Help w/ SMALL EVAP LEAK

Postby SpeedySolara » Sat Dec 24, 2011 4:05 pm

Have your mechanic check the gas tank. If its rusted then its more than likely a leaking gas tank which WILL throw an evap code. The smell of gas fumes or a wet spot on the gas tank are great indicators of a leaking. Note: These indicators usually show when the tank is full. If you have a leaking tank, replace it and the evap code will go away. Good luck.
[size=150][b]Get your Big Brake Kit today:[/b][/size]
http://www.solaraguy.com/viewtopic.php?t=48573
SpeedySolara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Return to Stock Gen 1 and 1.5