[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Problems with fan settings on 99 SE.
Stock talk about the Generation 1 and 1.5 Toyota Solara which were produced from 1999 to 2003.

Problems with fan settings on 99 SE.

Problems with fan settings on 99 SE.

Postby PeteGLH » Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:59 am

Hi All,

I've been experiencing problemens with my 99 SE. The control for the fan blower only works on HI. The other 3 positions do not work. I've heard somewhere that the culprit might be a burnt resistor or something like that somewhere behind the center console.

Has anybody ever experienced this type of problem, and if so, what was the part ordered to fix the problem? I doubt that switching out my complete center temp control console will fix anything...

Thanks in advance for the help!
PeteGLH
99 Black 5-Speed Solara SE V6
15.3 @ 93.4 - Bone Stock
PeteGLH
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Re: Problems with fan settings on 99 SE.

Postby SolaraPete » Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:09 pm

You're talking about the blower motor resistor:

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/raframecatalog.php?carcode=1357556&parttype=6557&partkey=1188498&a=FRc1357556k1188498-2677100

I've replaced them on chryslers before (concorde & sebring) and it fixed the problem you're describing. It's attached to the blower motor above the passenger foot area / behind the glove box on the those cars. I have absolutely no experience with that part on my solara so it might be a bit different, and i cant guarantee that this part will fix your problem. I'd definitely check the fan switch out too just to confirm the problem.

:cheers:
'99 S/C'd 5spd: 6psi-KYB/Intrax-Kaminari-Renova- 2.5in w/TRD muffler-full Injen CAI w/crisp-mongo filter-Walbro 190-305cc-Jim's fuel-torque rod-8mm Magnecore-EGR delete-ACT 6-puck-AEM wideband-SAFC2-Supra/ES300 F+R brake conversion
SolaraPete
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to Stock Gen 1 and 1.5