[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - I need help with DCC fuse in a 2000 Solara
Stock talk about the Generation 1 and 1.5 Toyota Solara which were produced from 1999 to 2003.

I need help with DCC fuse in a 2000 Solara

I need help with DCC fuse in a 2000 Solara

Postby Mrserratus » Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:50 pm

Hello everybody,
My radio, dome light, and trunk light are all out, however, all of their corresponding fuses are working fine. I have done some research and now i am trying to replace the "DCC" fuse. This fuse has no label and is slightly different than a normal Mini fuse.I can not find it in any auto parts store. Nobody seems to have it or even know where i can get it. I am posting pictures in hopes that somebody can help identify this type of fuse and/or where i might be able to get it. Thank you

I am new on here and dont know how to upload pictures, here is Link to the picture.. I need any help i can get

https://plus.google.com/photos/11461797 ... 8761564657
Mrserratus
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: I need help with DCC fuse in a 2000 Solara

Postby SolaraPete » Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:53 pm

Thats an interesting looking fuse - i do a lot of aftermarket electrical work and can't say i recognize the size. I suggest one of two options:

Take it to a dealer parts desk (or 2) and see if they can identify/order it for you. Most auto parts stores (autozone etc) prob arent going to carry anything but the more common style, like the green one you used for reference in your pics.

Personally, i'd figure out the amperage of the "DCC" fuse and stick a regular mini fuse (like the green one) of the same amperage in there. It looks like the width and general height of the prongs are the same, so should fit right in. Usually the amperage rating is on the top of the fuse but i dont see anything in your pics - maybe check the owners manual as there's usually a fuse box guide.

:cheers:

Oh and welcome to SolaraGuy!
'99 S/C'd 5spd: 6psi-KYB/Intrax-Kaminari-Renova- 2.5in w/TRD muffler-full Injen CAI w/crisp-mongo filter-Walbro 190-305cc-Jim's fuel-torque rod-8mm Magnecore-EGR delete-ACT 6-puck-AEM wideband-SAFC2-Supra/ES300 F+R brake conversion
SolaraPete
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby corlon » Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:22 pm

do they call it a fuse? it could be a diode that has opened the circuit by failing.
NiCe
corlon
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby SolaraPete » Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:30 am

Thats a good question Corlon - that could be why we dont see any amperage rating on it...
'99 S/C'd 5spd: 6psi-KYB/Intrax-Kaminari-Renova- 2.5in w/TRD muffler-full Injen CAI w/crisp-mongo filter-Walbro 190-305cc-Jim's fuel-torque rod-8mm Magnecore-EGR delete-ACT 6-puck-AEM wideband-SAFC2-Supra/ES300 F+R brake conversion
SolaraPete
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to Stock Gen 1 and 1.5