[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Seats - Same as any other toyota model?
Stock talk about the Generation 1 and 1.5 Toyota Solara which were produced from 1999 to 2003.

Seats - Same as any other toyota model?

Seats - Same as any other toyota model?

Postby frohboy33 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:21 pm

Does anybody know if the seats in the 99-03 solara match any other toyota models? I'm having a hard time finding solara specific seats so thought maybe they might be the same as the camry's or something else possibly. if you know please let me know. Thanks!
Matt
2003 Solara SE
I4 75,000 miles
TRD kit
frohboy33
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Re: Seats - Same as any other toyota model?

Postby SpeedySolara » Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:51 pm

frohboy33 wrote:Does anybody know if the seats in the 99-03 solara match any other toyota models? I'm having a hard time finding solara specific seats so thought maybe they might be the same as the camry's or something else possibly. if you know please let me know. Thanks!

No other Toyota models match Solara seats 100%. What exactly do you want to do? Just in case you'd like to know, the 99-03 leather seats are identical but the features differ (w/o airbags, w/ airbags, or w/ airbags + heated seats). The gen 1 (99-01) & gen 1.5 (02-03) cloth seats differ in pattern; side airbags and heated aren't available options on the cloth seats. All Gen 1/1.5 Solara seats are swappable but may not be plug & play, depending on features.
[size=150][b]Get your Big Brake Kit today:[/b][/size]
http://www.solaraguy.com/viewtopic.php?t=48573
SpeedySolara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby frohboy33 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:06 pm

I'm looking at replacing the seats completely or finding covers for them. I've look at things like clazzio or katskin but they don't offer solara specific covers.
Matt
2003 Solara SE
I4 75,000 miles
TRD kit
frohboy33
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby SpeedySolara » Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:46 am

frohboy33 wrote:I'm looking at replacing the seats completely or finding covers for them. I've look at things like clazzio or katskin but they don't offer solara specific covers.

Cloth to leather or leather to cloth? Whats your location? Maybe I could help.
[size=150][b]Get your Big Brake Kit today:[/b][/size]
http://www.solaraguy.com/viewtopic.php?t=48573
SpeedySolara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby frohboy33 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:03 pm

SpeedySolara wrote:
frohboy33 wrote:I'm looking at replacing the seats completely or finding covers for them. I've look at things like clazzio or katskin but they don't offer solara specific covers.

Im located in North Dakota. I have leather, would like to keep leather.
Matt
2003 Solara SE
I4 75,000 miles
TRD kit
frohboy33
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby jwbryan » Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:02 pm

frohboy33 wrote:
SpeedySolara wrote:

Did you get this done? Check out leatherseats.com. You keep your original seats, but pull the cover off and put new on. Not bad if you've got the patience.
jwbryan
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby frohboy33 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:54 am

jwbryan wrote:
frohboy33 wrote:
SpeedySolara wrote:

Did you get this done? Check out leatherseats.com. You keep your original seats, but pull the cover off and put new on. Not bad if you've got the patience.

Thats a little expensive for me at this point. What I ended up doing, which doesn't look to bad, is I bought some black leather dye. I went over all of the seats with the black leather dye multiple times. It gave them a fresher look and hid most of the creases and cracks. It did change the color the seats to darker gray/black, but Its a decent fix for now and doesn't look cheesy IMO.
Matt
2003 Solara SE
I4 75,000 miles
TRD kit
frohboy33
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby TheGreenDutch » Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:32 am

hopefully you don't get dyed pants every time you sit in there. lol.
TheGreenDutch
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby frohboy33 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:37 am

TheGreenDutch wrote:hopefully you don't get dyed pants every time you sit in there. lol.

Haha! yeah I did worry about that. I tested it with some white sweatpants and nothing rubbed off, so I think I'm good to go.
Matt
2003 Solara SE
I4 75,000 miles
TRD kit
frohboy33
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Return to Stock Gen 1 and 1.5