[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - recurring problem with NEW clutch master cylinder
Stock talk about the Generation 1 and 1.5 Toyota Solara which were produced from 1999 to 2003.

recurring problem with NEW clutch master cylinder

recurring problem with NEW clutch master cylinder

Postby mig0s » Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:54 am

So last summer I found my clutch master cylinder emptied and clutched dropped to the floor. Nothing too alerting, replaced master cylinder and slave cylinder but even with the new clutch master cylinder, it leaks a lot and I have to pour fluid every 2 or 3 weeks... what could be wrong? Is it my clutch?
1999 V6 5-Speed... so beautiful :' )
Black housing headlights, corner. 55w 6k HID, 2500k fogs, TWM Short Shifter+weighted knob, Tein+KYB, TRD lip kit + Acura CL type-S front lip. TSW Kyalami 18x8. Cutom 2.5" SS free flow muffler.
mig0s
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Re: recurring problem with NEW clutch master cylinder

Postby SolaraPete » Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:30 pm

Maybe the clutch accumulator? Can you pinpoint where the leak is coming from?
'99 S/C'd 5spd: 6psi-KYB/Intrax-Kaminari-Renova- 2.5in w/TRD muffler-full Injen CAI w/crisp-mongo filter-Walbro 190-305cc-Jim's fuel-torque rod-8mm Magnecore-EGR delete-ACT 6-puck-AEM wideband-SAFC2-Supra/ES300 F+R brake conversion
SolaraPete
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby mig0s » Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:49 pm

I can't seem to find where it leaks.... Is it possible that the leak is from slave cylinder? Both the slave and master are new so I don't get it. And what's a clutch accumulator?
Black housing headlights, corner. 55w 6k HID, 2500k fogs, TWM Short Shifter+weighted knob, Tein+KYB, TRD lip kit + Acura CL type-S front lip. TSW Kyalami 18x8. Cutom 2.5" SS free flow muffler.
mig0s
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Eye8Pussies » Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:51 pm

it's the block of metal that the hard clutch lines go in and out of mounted on the front of the transmission

and it sounds like you might have a pin-hole leak somewhere in the lines, so check all of them. Wipe down all of the lines and then have somebody hold the clutch down while you go over the lines again with your hand or a piece of brown papertowel to see if it changes colors due to fluids.

and it won't be your clutch. for lack of a better way to put it, your clutch has nothing to do with the clutch fluid. If you're losing fluid, there is a leak somewhere in the lines (hard or soft), the slave or master cylinder, or the accumulator
HaHa

Ripped...and the girls are loving it. ;)
Eye8Pussies
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby SolaraPete » Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:25 pm

Well mig0s, did you get it fixed?
'99 S/C'd 5spd: 6psi-KYB/Intrax-Kaminari-Renova- 2.5in w/TRD muffler-full Injen CAI w/crisp-mongo filter-Walbro 190-305cc-Jim's fuel-torque rod-8mm Magnecore-EGR delete-ACT 6-puck-AEM wideband-SAFC2-Supra/ES300 F+R brake conversion
SolaraPete
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby mig0s » Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:14 am

Thanks for the replies guys, been busy with school and work these days... it is still drive-able but i'll try to source the leak during the week-end and hope to get everything fixed by next week. What if the leak comes for a line... like where do I get a new line? I think i'll just take the lines lol. And for the clutch accumulator, I tried on ebay and can't seem to find a replacement part...
mig0s
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby SolaraPete » Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:30 pm

Pretty sure its a 'dealer only' part. IIRC when my went out, i couldnt locate an aftermarket one. Our resident Toyota Parts Dude (NVDIS1) can prob get u a price quote if you pm him - he's sourced several parts for me cheaper than my local dealer, and he's a great guy to deal with.

:cheers:
SolaraPete
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to Stock Gen 1 and 1.5