[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - sicking brakes
Stock talk about the Generation 1 and 1.5 Toyota Solara which were produced from 1999 to 2003.

sicking brakes

sicking brakes

Postby vncntsbr » Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:45 pm

hello everyone,
I am new to this forum and i hope that someone can help me.I am driving a 99 toyota solara 3.0L Engine front and rear disc brakes. I recently had to replace the master cylinder and the brake booster
because the brake fluid was leaking into the brake booster. the problem I am having now is that all 4 disc brake calipers, after driving for about 2min stick and the calipers will only retract if I let the car sit for a while or when I open the bleed screw then all 4 calipers will retract immediately and the car will drive but for only 2 min and the brakes will lock again. It is as if the brake fluid pressure is building up but not being released when I take my foot off the brake. does anyone have any suggestion on what I need to check?
vncntsbr
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: sicking brakes

Postby Gregtrd » Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:42 pm

You need to adjust your brake booster, the adjustment is done on the pin that pushes on the master cylinder, been there done that, trust.
The Fastest Camry in Socal
366whp / 427wtq @10.5psi
Gregtrd
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby vncntsbr » Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:47 pm

thanks i will try that as soon possible
vncntsbr
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby vncntsbr » Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:44 am

thanks gregtrd Iadjusted the pushrod on the booster and everything is good
vncntsbr
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby TheGreenDutch » Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:14 pm

Another reason why SG is the best. Results!
TheGreenDutch
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Return to Stock Gen 1 and 1.5