[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Going on 3rd Ignition coil
Stock talk about the Generation 1 and 1.5 Toyota Solara which were produced from 1999 to 2003.

Going on 3rd Ignition coil

Going on 3rd Ignition coil

Postby V62002S » Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:59 pm

Hi everyone

I have a 2002 V6SE with 81k on it. About 8 months ago I had to replace the ignition coil on 1-4 cylinders. Now about 2 months ago the missfire came back and when I scanned it there was a misfire on cylinders 1-4 again. Dam! I replaced the ignition coil again and it ran good for about 2 months when the misfire came back again and yep its on cylinders 1-4. Should I replace sparkplugs when replacing ignition coils? Anyone else ever heard of this problem?

Thanks!
V62002S
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: Going on 3rd Ignition coil

Postby Traayho » Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:06 pm

What brand coils are you buying?
Traayho
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: Going on 3rd Ignition coil

Postby TheGreenDutch » Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:56 am

have you ever replaced the spark plugs and wires? It might be the plugs are all fouled up. Are those Coil packs new or junk yard? You can buy ebay ones for pretty cheap and they work fine ive had mine on for 2 years no prob...
TheGreenDutch
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Return to Stock Gen 1 and 1.5