[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - What kinds of keys and remotes can I use with my 1999 Solara
Stock talk about the Generation 1 and 1.5 Toyota Solara which were produced from 1999 to 2003.

What kinds of keys and remotes can I use with my 1999 Solara

What kinds of keys and remotes can I use with my 1999 Solara

Postby Ethan » Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:02 pm

Do they have to be specifically for the 1999 Toyota Solara? Or can they be 1999 Toyota Camrys? Or even any other keys/remotes from the same generation?
Ethan
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: What kinds of keys and remotes can I use with my 1999 So

Postby Ethan » Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:13 pm

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005VN ... P87RN1D5B4

Could I use this key? And what do I do about it not having a transponder chip? I'm not sure if my Solara requires one.
Ethan
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: What kinds of keys and remotes can I use with my 1999 So

Postby sk8r776 » Tue May 01, 2012 7:56 am

Do you know if your has the Transponder chip? I know mine does and its an '01 SE 5 Speed. The tip of the key is bigger if it has one. If so the only way to get a key would be the dealer. They have to program the chip. I know third party companies do it too, but dealer is the safest option.

'93 Civic LX --> '02 Accord SE 5-Speed --> '01 Solara SE 5-Speed --> '06 350z Base Rev-UP

Mods
Hid Conversion 8K + 3K, Injen SRI, GLP CAI extension, Lots more to come.
sk8r776
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Return to Stock Gen 1 and 1.5