[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - hesitation no codes 99 5sfe
Stock talk about the Generation 1 and 1.5 Toyota Solara which were produced from 1999 to 2003.

hesitation no codes 99 5sfe

hesitation no codes 99 5sfe

Postby coolkat » Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:46 am

Ok I just rebuilt the engine in a 99 solara. I bought the car with 200,000+ and a blown engine and I dont have any history on it. I pulled it and done a complete rebuild top to bottom. During the first warm up and initial break in it seemed to run ok (no hesitations/stalls/skips) so I changed the oil and went out to do some pulls. After a couple of 3/4 throttle pulls in 2nd gear in started hesitating/stalling/skipping or whatever you wanna call it. I mostly does it under load around 3k rps. the car looses power, rpms drop, engine light illuminates every time it does it. it does it randomly but rapidly, causing the car to start bucking. if i let off the gas it will smooth out.

There is no pending or stored codes so far according to my scanner

It has new wires and platnum plugs

none of the sensors are new and i don know their age

I bought a new coil and swapped it out with both of the old ones without any change. I took the new one back to the store

looking for more ideas. but I don't wanna just keep throwing $60-100+ sensors at it.
coolkat
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to Stock Gen 1 and 1.5