[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Checking ABS Light
Stock talk about the Generation 1 and 1.5 Toyota Solara which were produced from 1999 to 2003.

Checking ABS Light

Checking ABS Light

Postby Solorange » Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:37 pm

I was gone for a week and when I drove my car for the first time since being back my ABS light came on. I found out from the Chiltons manual how to check the code. You just have to jump the E1 and Tc terminals in the diagnostic box and flip the ignition on and count how many times the ABS light flashes. It flashed 3 times then waits 1.5sec and then flashed once and then it waits 2.5secs and then flashed 3 times and then waited 1.5 sec then flashed 4 times. Then after that it flashes 3 times and then just stays lit. Im assuming I only got codes 31 and 34. But whats wierd is when I flip the ignition off and the flip it back on to double check the code sometimes I only get a code 31. At the end of the sequence when it blinks 3 times and stays lit does that mean its done giving the codes? Just curious if any of you done this before and had better luck understanding how the system relays the codes as I feel like I may be doing something wrong.
1999 Toyota Solara SEV6 5speed
2009 Toyota Highlander Sport
2005 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Solorange
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Re: Checking ABS Light

Postby Solorange » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:31 am

I checked it again after driving it today and it consistantly flashed codes for 31, 34, and 35 repeativitly. That tells me that I definatly have a problem with the front (right) passenger sensor. I find it weird that the rear (left) driver sensor has an issue too. Ill probably just replace the front first then check for the rear.
1999 Toyota Solara SEV6 5speed
2009 Toyota Highlander Sport
2005 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Solorange
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Return to Stock Gen 1 and 1.5