[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Question in purchasing my baby
Stock talk about the Generation 1 and 1.5 Toyota Solara which were produced from 1999 to 2003.

Question in purchasing my baby

Question in purchasing my baby

Postby sak4l » Wed May 16, 2012 11:33 pm

Hey guys,

I'm looking to buy a 1999 Solara SLE v6 manual transmission with roughly 95k miles. No accidents. Claims to have had only 1 owner. How much is it worth? His price was for $4500 but I think I can try talking it down a little more. According to Kelly Blue Book value it says it should be around $5k. In dire need of a car and I just happen to come across this beauty. Anything in particular that I should look for/inspect before the purchase? I am asking for any service records (if any) to be provided when I meet him but no response yet. Any suggestions/comments would be appreciated. Thanks!
sak4l
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: Question in purchasing my baby

Postby Brandoe91 » Sat May 19, 2012 9:10 pm

Check engine mount bushings and suspension bushings for cracks . Look for any leaks. Example: Valve covers, cam seals, PS pump, oil pan etc. Especially the rear valve cover. Check for rust where the windshield meets the roof of the car. Also the sle never came with manual transmission . The car might have had an auto to manual conversion ( highly doubt it), sle badging placed on it, wrong model listed or owner just meant it's an se with all the options. Ask if the timing belt and water pump was done.
TRD S/C 6psi - OBX Full Exhaust - Injen intake ( 226whp untuned).

New Setup - 3mzfe - obx full exhaust - aem fic - innovate mtx-l wideband - Cpe intake. (Estimated 220whp) dyno numbers coming soon.
Brandoe91
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to Stock Gen 1 and 1.5