[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - ABS light after installing coilovers?
Stock talk about the Generation 1 and 1.5 Toyota Solara which were produced from 1999 to 2003.

ABS light after installing coilovers?

ABS light after installing coilovers?

Postby mig0s » Sat May 19, 2012 5:07 pm

So right after I've put on the suspension the ABS light came on my dashboard. Sensors seem to be ok, what might be the reason?
1999 V6 5-Speed... so beautiful :' )
Black housing headlights, corner. 55w 6k HID, 2500k fogs, TWM Short Shifter+weighted knob, Tein+KYB, TRD lip kit + Acura CL type-S front lip. TSW Kyalami 18x8. Cutom 2.5" SS free flow muffler.
mig0s
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Re: ABS light after installing coilovers?

Postby 1gSE » Sat May 19, 2012 7:01 pm

rear sensor? IIRC, letting the rear drop too much will damage the wires. Common problem when doing suspension work
GTO-Vararam/Kooks/Spintech/MGW-P/Tune-12.9 @108
Solara-M62 @ 5.5psi
1gSE
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby mig0s » Sat May 19, 2012 8:52 pm

Rear is not even that dropped... How can I know which sensor is screwed? Is it ok if I leave it like that?
1999 V6 5-Speed... so beautiful :' )
Black housing headlights, corner. 55w 6k HID, 2500k fogs, TWM Short Shifter+weighted knob, Tein+KYB, TRD lip kit + Acura CL type-S front lip. TSW Kyalami 18x8. Cutom 2.5" SS free flow muffler.
mig0s
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby 1gSE » Sat May 19, 2012 9:12 pm

No, I meant during the installation.

You can drive like that, but during a panic stop, the rears might lock. Your ABS is disabled now
GTO-Vararam/Kooks/Spintech/MGW-P/Tune-12.9 @108
Solara-M62 @ 5.5psi
1gSE
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby thenewguy » Sat May 19, 2012 9:51 pm

yup you must of pulled a wire from one of the sensors that are on the caliper from letting one of the independent rears too low during installation. i'd double check the rear for loose wiring by the sensor
thenewguy
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Return to Stock Gen 1 and 1.5