[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Question on my 99' Solara Brakes
Stock talk about the Generation 1 and 1.5 Toyota Solara which were produced from 1999 to 2003.

Question on my 99' Solara Brakes

Question on my 99' Solara Brakes

Postby SteveSolara » Sun May 20, 2012 9:56 pm

So i was about to change my brakes the other day, i got a pair off EBC and another website. I entered in my year and model correctly, and i always get the wrong rear brake pads. The ones i order were smaller and a different size. I've met with TheGreenDutch, is and i check on his rear brakes and the ones i had ordered that was wrong for my car fits on his...wtf he has a 00" solara and i have a 99' but i have bigger pads in the rear that he does. Soo anyone know what my pads could possibly be?

hear are the ones that don't fit: I got this from a fellow SG member too. The ones i have on now are bigger and longer.
Image Image
SteveSolara
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Re: Question on my 99' Solara Brakes

Postby amabsolute » Mon May 21, 2012 5:24 pm

I dont know how it works but the 99 solara has larger rear brake calipers than the 00' ask Gabe he would be better at explaining it than me. your vin # would help you get the right part # at the dealership and go from there or the 98 camry should use the same pads as the 99 solara.

hope this helps
IMG]http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq306/amabsolute1/crap-1.jpg[/IMG]
amabsolute
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby SpeedySolara » Tue May 22, 2012 12:13 am

ONLY the 99 Solara has bigger calipers/pads so you need to be specific when purchasing rear pads. From 00 and up, Toyota used smaller rear calipers so yes, they downgraded.
[size=150][b]Get your Big Brake Kit today:[/b][/size]
http://www.solaraguy.com/viewtopic.php?t=48573
SpeedySolara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby SteveSolara » Tue May 22, 2012 10:25 am

Ok thanks guys, yeah i bought some store online and they only had options for 99'-00' and that is actually for the 00'. But now i know so ill be sure to check it out more
Image Image
SteveSolara
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby TheGreenDutch » Tue May 22, 2012 10:57 am

Even the front ones were bigger too remember, buy you got the better A/C console tho. The vent slider is way better then my electronic button in which I have to find the proper pressure in order to get it to switch.... I guess downgrading the safety features was necessary in order to upgrade the interior...lol
TheGreenDutch
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Return to Stock Gen 1 and 1.5