[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - radiator fans not turning on
Stock talk about the Generation 1 and 1.5 Toyota Solara which were produced from 1999 to 2003.

radiator fans not turning on

radiator fans not turning on

Postby Raw-lara » Mon May 21, 2012 12:26 pm

Ok so just today on my way to work my car started to run a little hot . I have a new water pump, thermostat, radiator/ hoses, thermostat sens. etc pretty much had my whole cooling system replaced when i bought the car. Im guessing its probably my fans causing the overheating because they arent turning on . I checked both fan1 and fan2 relays and both are good. I even tested the fans directly with a battery and they turn on . but for some reason they arent turning on when the car heats up...Any ideas?
Raw-lara
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: radiator fans not turning on

Postby SteveSolara » Wed May 23, 2012 6:05 pm

hmm are you sure there aren't more relays? or maybe the thermostat is stuck or dirty? Not sure but, check again
Image Image
SteveSolara
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Re: radiator fans not turning on

Postby TheGreenDutch » Tue May 29, 2012 10:02 am

I think them fans only come on when the air conditioner is on. Don't mean to be a bearer of bad news but it could be engine sludge. Especially seeing that you got a lot of work done and its still running hot. Unless they messed it up or didn't do the changes they said they did. Wouldn't be the 1st time a mech has said one thing but did another. Try doing a couple SEAFOAM treatments and if you can take a look under your valve covers to see how it looks in there if possible.
TheGreenDutch
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Return to Stock Gen 1 and 1.5