[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Radiator Swap
Stock talk about the Generation 1 and 1.5 Toyota Solara which were produced from 1999 to 2003.

Radiator Swap

Radiator Swap

Postby sk8r776 » Sat May 26, 2012 11:32 am

I think I may have screwed up big time..
Since its memorial day weekend i decided to swap my rad since it has been leaking for about 3 months. The bottom outlet is cracked on the radiator. I pulled the old one out of the car. Then the new one out of the box. Then realized the new one has 2 brass fittings thata mine doesnt. Could this possibly be for the automatic no the 5 speed? See pics:

Old Radiator:

New Radiator:

'93 Civic LX --> '02 Accord SE 5-Speed --> '01 Solara SE 5-Speed --> '06 350z Base Rev-UP

Mods
Hid Conversion 8K + 3K, Injen SRI, GLP CAI extension, Lots more to come.
sk8r776
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Re: Radiator Swap

Postby 1gSE » Sat May 26, 2012 6:17 pm

hhmm....interesting. I don't know if the auto has a different radiator than the manual, but I'm sure if you find some plugs to put in those fittings you'll be ok
GTO-Vararam/Kooks/Spintech/MGW-P/Tune-12.9 @108
Solara-M62 @ 5.5psi
1gSE
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby ACProductions » Sun May 27, 2012 4:04 pm

Yes you got yourself an automatic radiator.

Most automatic transmissions run a line through the radiator to help cool the trans. Those fittings are for the auto trans.

You are perfectly fine with running a auto rad on a manual car. Just remove the lines and put a bolt with some thread locker in there and you're good.
FREE CHILTON MANUAL

The speed at which a woman says "nothing" when you ask her what's wrong is inversely proportional to the size of the coming storm.

ACProductions
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Solarasian » Mon May 28, 2012 3:52 am

i dont see those lines on my auto. O.O
Auto SLE V6
6000k VVME Bi-Xenon
GReddy SP2 catback
injen SRI is2030p
Kaminari Lip Kit(stand by)
Tokico hp Struts
Tein S Tech
Solarasian
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby sk8r776 » Mon May 28, 2012 7:07 am

The lines are on the bottom of the radiator.. :lol:

I knew there was a seperate core in the rad dedicated to the trans in autos. Left the little plugs on it since they stuck on pretty well and just put it in anyway. Works fine. No leaking anymore. :D

'93 Civic LX --> '02 Accord SE 5-Speed --> '01 Solara SE 5-Speed --> '06 350z Base Rev-UP

Mods
Hid Conversion 8K + 3K, Injen SRI, GLP CAI extension, Lots more to come.
sk8r776
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Return to Stock Gen 1 and 1.5