[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Tranny dipstick??
Stock talk about the Generation 1 and 1.5 Toyota Solara which were produced from 1999 to 2003.

Tranny dipstick??

Tranny dipstick??

Postby Sol_MTL » Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:22 pm

Can anybody pleeeease explain (picture preferably) where the tranny fluid dipstick is.
1999 4Cyl.

Basically what happened is I replaced a radiator and thermostat but I spilled some tranny fluid while disconnecting the rad.
When I drove it home the check engine light came on. I'm thinking it might be trying to tell me I am low on tranny fluid.
But I cant for the life of me find the damn dipstick!!
Sol_MTL
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: Tranny dipstick??

Postby ThatVietGuy » Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:59 pm

On the V6 it's the one with a "clamp" of sorts over it, dunno if it's the same with the 4 cyl.

But there's what, two dipsticks, in the engine bay? And it should be the tube that's basically right over the tranny...
ThatVietGuy
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Re: Tranny dipstick??

Postby TheGreenDutch » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:40 am

should be the RED dipstick on your drivers side.
TheGreenDutch
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Return to Stock Gen 1 and 1.5