[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - HELP header just crack!
Stock talk about the Generation 1 and 1.5 Toyota Solara which were produced from 1999 to 2003.

HELP header just crack!

Re: HELP header just crack!

Postby sliDingSolAra... » Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:54 am

so i took stevesolaras and solarizona's advice and tried getting the system from The Racing Depot. no one answers the phone and theres no email to contact them. i called toyota direct to see how much the OEM part is and they said upwards of $2,000 and its not a complete system.

i'll eat the cost of the ebay ones since its only money but this is crazy that i cant even contact them.
02 5spd Engine scattered, working on a 3MZ S/C set-up
sliDingSolAra...
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby SteveSolara » Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:12 pm

Why don't you just order These http://www.racingpartdepot.com/servlet/ ... OLD/Detail and just bolt it on, I am pretty sure the ebay ones will cost more to get it done properly, and plus the OBX ones are better quality and will most likely last longer, But if your up for the challenge to do a bunch of modifications, and possibly put out more money than the OBX ones that will bolt right on, go for it. But gotta let me know how that turns out and what you had to do to get it done right.
Image Image
SteveSolara
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby sliDingSolAra... » Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:32 pm

decided to buy a welder, figured im gonna need it, not just for this. so i'm going to make them fit myself, found a friend with a drill press if they headers dont bolt up right and such. egr should be interesting. otherwise ill wait for racing depot to have the real ones in stock
sliDingSolAra...
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby SteveSolara » Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:17 am

it says item in stock for me. Oh theres other stuff thats wrong with it, one of the bolts on each header is not aligned correctly, so some modifications need to be done there in order to get the bolts in. The EGR valve you will most likely have to fabricate a custom one, unless you can bend the stock one somehow it will fit. And the bracket for he mid pipe after the flex pipe needs to be bent in order for it to slide in place.
Image Image
SteveSolara
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby sliDingSolAra... » Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:47 pm

good thing i can use my schools lifts, and equipment :) their welder is a real one compared to my home depot mig welder
sliDingSolAra...
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby SteveSolara » Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:00 pm

Alright coo, Take pics cause i am pretty sure someone is curious on how to install the eBay ones
Image Image
SteveSolara
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby sliDingSolAra... » Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:31 am

got my headers in the mail today. everythings looks clean. didnt come with an EGR tube, i got a find whos making one at his shop, yay. welds look good minus a few very very tiny spots which i'm going to clean up. inside are polished which is cool. they acutally did a good job with the build quality. i'll throw up some pics when i get a minute to breathe.
sliDingSolAra...
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby sliDingSolAra... » Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:56 pm

UPDATE!! i have thoroughly inspected the headers and found a hole in the welding of the collector!! NBD i welded it shut and some. then i saw the O2 sensor flange was not thread at all, the little guy who made it forgot to thread it!!!!! good thing i recently bought a snap-on tap and die kit, easy fix!!! so all of the header studs expect two do not line up, so i took my dremel to them and widen them to accommodate some extra space. not a lot to grind down so another easy fix for these headers. I MUST SAY YOU DEFINITELY GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!!!! I wouldnt recommend any one buy these headers off ebay at ALL!!!!!! unless u have a full mechanic tool set and access to a lift like i do, total PIA without the right tools. i havent installed them yet i fine tuning all the parts to make sure they are perfect. havent even gotten to the Y-pipe yet eeeeeeech!!!
sliDingSolAra...
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Gregtrd » Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:35 pm

Those header were done by megan, back in mid 2k. Obx did the replicas.
My camry was supposed to get the proto type when they first where made,
but someone beat me to the punch.
The Fastest Camry in Socal
366whp / 427wtq @10.5psi
Gregtrd
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby sliDingSolAra... » Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:28 am

Gregtrd wrote:Those header were done by megan, back in mid 2k. Obx did the replicas.
My camry was supposed to get the proto type when they first where made,
but someone beat me to the punch.

http://www.meganracingperformance.com/1999-2003-toyota-solara-stainless-steel-header-down-pipe-p-106332.html
so these Megan's they same ones off eBay?

i'm assuming because theyre replicas who ever made them took shoty measurements and what not. i would at least hope(well not hope because i have them) that the flange attaching to the long block would actually line up correctly
sliDingSolAra...
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby 1gSE » Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:10 am

Y pipe looks the same
GTO-Vararam/Kooks/Spintech/MGW-P/Tune-12.9 @108
Solara-M62 @ 5.5psi
1gSE
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby SteveSolara » Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:13 am

Same
Image Image
SteveSolara
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby sliDingSolAra... » Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:34 pm

oooookay. so i've been slowly working to make these mutant headers and ypipe fit. i've decided to give in and at least wait for the true obx headers to be shipped in.

i decided this after inspecting all welds over and over, thing is everytime i looked at them i found something wrong with them. first the threads on the front O2 sensor werent threaded, next the rear headers was missing a O2 sensor mounting flange, obv the EGR didnt line up at all, MULTIPLE holes in both collectors(WTF) and the ypipe flex pipe was already starting to fall apart just sitting in the box. i did manage to make the headers line and bolt on after widening the mounting holes. although its very hard to tell if the pipes even come close to lining up with the exhaust ports on the engine block. i tried my best but decided my car will not benefit from these headers in the long run surly to just cause bigger problems down the road.

now the big question! ive been looking for aftermarket headers and ypipe all over the internet but NO ONE has them in stock, the racing depot told me that theyre on back order till may which has past. will lexus es 300 pipes fit our car???????
sliDingSolAra...
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Previous

Return to Stock Gen 1 and 1.5