[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Need Help Once Again Please!!!!
Stock talk about the Generation 1 and 1.5 Toyota Solara which were produced from 1999 to 2003.

Need Help Once Again Please!!!!

Need Help Once Again Please!!!!

Postby Solarachick » Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:28 pm

Ok so my 2002 Toyota Solara SLE v6 automatic is having problems starting up again! I thought the problem was over with but i guess not! it hasn't stop all it's been doing is getting worse with time.... I Changed the Spark plugs, wire set, Cleaned the coils, Changed all fluids and filters.. I thought that would make it run and idle smooth but it hasn't i think it made it worse! .. Recently (2 week ago) i changed the fuel filter thinking that would help since it was never changed, The only way my car starts is either if i give it gas and rev it up or try after 6 times... It's really irritating and scary, I work nights and it really frightens me that my car doesn't stay on! Recently what it does is, it starts but it idles below 500rpms then it dies... Can somebody with experience please help..??!!

Andrea
2002 SOLARA SLE V6 ,20" KMC WHEELS, FULL EXHAUST , LOWERED,TINTED WINDOWS,SMOKED TAILIGHTS,10K HIDS WITH MORE TO COME!!.
Solarachick
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: Need Help Once Again Please!!!!

Postby 1gSE » Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:47 pm

Clean MAF? Check for vacuum leaks?
GTO-Vararam/Kooks/Spintech/MGW-P/Tune-12.9 @108
Solara-M62 @ 5.5psi
1gSE
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby ToyoSolV6 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:22 pm

Mine has the same issue, clean your maf, and your iac (idle air contorol) getting any check engine light?
One of the few Built Forged Supercharged solaras in so cal
335whp x 344tq.
ToyoSolV6
Solaraguy's dopest driver
Solaraguy's dopest driver

Postby SteveSolara » Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:17 pm

ToyoSolV6 wrote:Mine has the same issue, clean your maf, and your iac (idle air contorol) getting any check engine light?

Thats what i assume too
Image Image
SteveSolara
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Solarachick » Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:24 pm

No, no engine light! The weird thing is that it does it Everyday but not all the time =( I don't know where's the IAC , ICV, or PCV .. I'll try and clean the MAF and see what it does.. I also was told to you Seafoam On the intake.?
2002 SOLARA SLE V6 ,20" KMC WHEELS, FULL EXHAUST , LOWERED,TINTED WINDOWS,SMOKED TAILIGHTS,10K HIDS WITH MORE TO COME!!.
Solarachick
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby SteveSolara » Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:13 pm

Solarachick wrote:No, no engine light! The weird thing is that it does it Everyday but not all the time =( I don't know where's the IAC , ICV, or PCV .. I'll try and clean the MAF and see what it does.. I also was told to you Seafoam On the intake.?

You can try cleaning MAF and seafoam the Throttle body. When your done take off negative battery and wait 30 sec and plug it back in, than give it a 15 min drive and see how that goes.
Image Image
SteveSolara
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Akfahad » Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:30 am

Had the same problem with mine...turned out to be the Idle Air Control valve...i don't believe I had a CEL with it either.
Akfahad
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Toy1mzfe » Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:51 am

must be an IAC. I have two used TB with sensors for AT if ya interested.
Toy1mzfe
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Solarachick » Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:57 pm

Toy1mzfe wrote:must be an IAC. I have two used TB with sensors for AT if ya interested.

I dont understand forum talk .. English please im a technology challenged female :morning:
Solarachick
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Solarachick » Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:58 pm

Akfahad wrote:Had the same problem with mine...turned out to be the Idle Air Control valve...i don't believe I had a CEL with it either.

So it has no problems now? :morning:
Solarachick
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby mig0s » Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:04 pm

Solarachick wrote:
Toy1mzfe wrote:must be an IAC. I have two used TB with sensors for AT if ya interested.

I dont understand forum talk .. English please im a technology challenged female :morning:

he has 2 throttle bodies for automatic transmission that he can sell you if you want.
1999 V6 5-Speed... so beautiful :' )
Black housing headlights, corner. 55w 6k HID, 2500k fogs, TWM Short Shifter+weighted knob, Tein+KYB, TRD lip kit + Acura CL type-S front lip. TSW Kyalami 18x8. Cutom 2.5" SS free flow muffler.
mig0s
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby TheGreenDutch » Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:26 am

Were are you taking your car to get these parts replaced or you doing it yourself? If your at a shop and all they keep doing is throwing new parts at your car then they suck and you should move on. I would do a Seafoam treatment with Deep Creep in your throttle body, but I think you have a bad part possibly that idle air valve.
TheGreenDutch
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Solarachick » Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:15 pm

Oh ok. Well I bought the Sea Foam stuff at Wal-mart today and it's like liquid right.?? So how or where should i use it on..??
Solarachick
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby DSM_Lara » Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:39 pm

Solarachick wrote:Oh ok. Well I bought the Sea Foam stuff at Wal-mart today and it's like liquid right.?? So how or where should i use it on..??

1999 Toyota Solara SE V6 (TRD Edition) Rare Greddy EvoII/CP-E Intake/Renova Grill/Black Housing Front/OEM Hood Deflector :kp: :spam3: :spam1:Musubi
DSM_Lara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Akfahad » Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:54 pm

Solarachick wrote:
Akfahad wrote:Had the same problem with mine...turned out to be the Idle Air Control valve...i don't believe I had a CEL with it either.

So it has no problems now? :morning:

Yep, no problems since.
Akfahad
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Return to Stock Gen 1 and 1.5