[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Noise coming from front driver side wheel
Stock talk about the Generation 1 and 1.5 Toyota Solara which were produced from 1999 to 2003.

Noise coming from front driver side wheel

Noise coming from front driver side wheel

Postby KingKevin » Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:28 pm

Alright guys. So yesterday I was driving back home from work and there is this hill that I like to bomb down. I hit the gas all the way and its a lot of fun, but I have to turn probably 100 yards after the bottom of the hill. So naturally I hit the brakes and at that speed/distance I'm hitting the brakes pretty hard. Right after I let go of the brakes there is a noise that comes from the driver side front wheel well area. The sound is like a clunking noise that is in stride with the wheel rotation. If I speed up the noise repeats much faster and when I slow down it goes slower. The noise does not get worse during braking in fact it gets slower because the car is slowing down but after braking it gets worse. I wait 15 minutes and drive the car again under normal conditions, no hard braking etc... and no sound at all. I repeat some hard braking and the noise comes back same thing. Any ideas what this is? I took off the wheel and no visible signs. Thanks
2001 SE V6

Injen intake w/ extension - Renova Grill - custom catback exhaust - 2 12" Kenwood subs - Tein s tech - neons - 8000k headlights - 3000k fogs
KingKevin
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Re: Noise coming from front driver side wheel

Postby 1gSE » Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:32 pm

video would help
GTO-Vararam/Kooks/Spintech/MGW-P/Tune-12.9 @108
Solara-M62 @ 5.5psi
1gSE
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Re: Noise coming from front driver side wheel

Postby KingKevin » Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:28 pm

I'll try to get a video tomorrow. However I just took apart the caliper and switched the inside and outside pads and put it back together. I took it on a small test run with braking from 60 MPH to 20 MPH hard and the noise hasnt come back... :think: :think: I guess there was something wrong with the caliper :think: idk I somehow doubt just doing what I did solved anything but maybe it went away somehow. We'll see
2001 SE V6

Injen intake w/ extension - Renova Grill - custom catback exhaust - 2 12" Kenwood subs - Tein s tech - neons - 8000k headlights - 3000k fogs
KingKevin
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Return to Stock Gen 1 and 1.5