[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Rewiring a sensor wire at the connector on PCM
Stock talk about the Generation 1 and 1.5 Toyota Solara which were produced from 1999 to 2003.

Rewiring a sensor wire at the connector on PCM

Rewiring a sensor wire at the connector on PCM

Postby needmorecrap » Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:44 pm

Hard to explain and harder to search for. Let's not say how this happened, but I now have a wire coming out of the connector on the ECM for the knock sensor that is only about 1" long. What are my options here to get it long enough to work with again? I'm sure i can solder a wire onto the end, but is there a way to get a new longer wire fed directly into the connector?
Last edited by needmorecrap on Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
needmorecrap
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: Rewiring a sensor wire at the connector on PCM

Postby 1gSE » Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:21 pm

The only other thing I can think of would be pulling the connecter out of the harness, removing the old wire and soldering a new one in place
GTO-Vararam/Kooks/Spintech/MGW-P/Tune-12.9 @108
Solara-M62 @ 5.5psi
1gSE
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Re: Rewiring a sensor wire at the connector on PCM

Postby corlon » Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:56 pm

you could also pull the pin or similar pin out of a junkyard solara / camry and cut that wire back far enough so you have room to work with it.
NiCe
corlon
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to Stock Gen 1 and 1.5