[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Exterior Door Handle Removal?
Stock talk about the Generation 1 and 1.5 Toyota Solara which were produced from 1999 to 2003.

Exterior Door Handle Removal?

Exterior Door Handle Removal?

Postby kaarona1 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:12 am

I had to replace my door latch cable (snapped) and now I need to replace my exterior door handle. How do I remove the metal pieces that connect the outside door handle from the latch and door lock actuator? I tried to just pop them out but could not get them. It is all in-between the interior and exterior steel door panel so its a small area to work with. I have been able to get the actuator loose and removed the 3 star bit screws that hold the latch on, but can't seem to get the metal rods that connect the exterior handle to the latch disconnected. Thanks!
kaarona1
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Re: Exterior Door Handle Removal?

Postby PlateLunch » Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:37 am

The metal rods are held by those plastic latches, they are pushed through a hole and then the plastic piece swivels to lock on to the rod. What you wanna do is pop the locking piece of the long part of the rod and then push the rods out of the holes. It is a very tight fit and it takes some working on them. Honestly, if you have the plastic pieces on the new handle you can just break the old ones off if you want to just go cave man style...Putting the new ones in is a bit easier but still takes a little finessing. Hope this helped :)
PlateLunch
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Return to Stock Gen 1 and 1.5