[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - spoiler light causing chk engine light?
Stock talk about the Generation 1 and 1.5 Toyota Solara which were produced from 1999 to 2003.

spoiler light causing chk engine light?

spoiler light causing chk engine light?

Postby PlateLunch » Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:21 pm

I just put a different trunk with the spoiler from my parts car on and I found a plug on the harness open for it, so I plugged her right in. My question is, I just got a check engine light on and I'm wondering if plugging the new spoiler light in and not unplugging the deck light would cause the check engine light? Thanks for the help guys :)
PlateLunch
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Re: spoiler light causing chk engine light?

Postby 1gSE » Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:32 pm

No, CELs come from emissions related items. Go to an auto parts store, they'll scan it for you...come back and tell us the code
GTO-Vararam/Kooks/Spintech/MGW-P/Tune-12.9 @108
Solara-M62 @ 5.5psi
1gSE
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby SteveSolara » Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:34 pm

This is really strange, I dont think the spoiler would have to do anything with the check engine light. Check out the code to see what it is, you can always go to like autozone or pepboys they can check it for you for free, or go to a shop and they can do that too
Image Image
SteveSolara
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby PlateLunch » Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:53 pm

I agree, I didn't think that would be the case, just bouncing it off you guys. I'm heading to autozone in a few, i'll have them scan it and get the code. Thanks!
PlateLunch
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby PlateLunch » Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:13 pm

It was a bank one code, cleaned my MAF and checked for vacum leaks. Reset and the light hasn't come back on, probably was MAF....do not over oil an K&N filter on accident....
PlateLunch
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby TheGreenDutch » Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:35 am

i was gonna say gas cap loose...lol
TheGreenDutch
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Return to Stock Gen 1 and 1.5