[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Help with CEL
Stock talk about the Generation 1 and 1.5 Toyota Solara which were produced from 1999 to 2003.

Help with CEL

Help with CEL

Postby Billdo » Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:01 pm

Hello guys. Let me preface this by saying I did search. I figured I would get that out of the way before someone flames me. I looked and noticed most of the responses involving my issue OBX headers, intakes, or SC'd guys. I am a bone stock 2002 2.4 4cyl owner. I changed my old air filter yesterday and didn't unplug anything like I usually do. Just unclip then drop it in. Didnt drive after that. Went to work this morning and almost immediately upon leaving my house, the CEL went on and it was a bit sluggish. Got the code scanned at Autozone and it came back P0171. I got home and noticed one of the plugs going into the stock airbox was knocked out of the tube going back to the TB. Plugged that back in and made sure everything was all together. I disconnected the battery for maybe 5 (MAYBE) and started it up and it ran sluggish for a few seconds then the CEL came back on. I now have had it off for like 10 mins. If this doesnt remedy my issue thats where I hope you guys can come in with some intel. Any and all help will be and is appreciated. Thanks so much in advance to your replies.
Billdo
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Re: Help with CEL

Postby DSM_Lara » Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:08 pm

Is the MAF sensor Installed back correctly?
1999 Toyota Solara SE V6 (TRD Edition) Rare Greddy EvoII/CP-E Intake/Renova Grill/Black Housing Front/OEM Hood Deflector :kp: :spam3: :spam1:Musubi
DSM_Lara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Billdo » Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:11 pm

I never even disconnected it. I literally just unclipped the sides of the airbox and pulled out the old filter and dropped the new one it, made sure it was all seated properly and closed her back up. What was unpllugged didnt have anything connected to it. It was just an empty maybe inch tube going into the side of the air intake tube.
Billdo
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Billdo » Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:45 pm

Well after letting the car sit with the battery disconnected for around 30 mins, the CEL stayed off. I drove maybe 5 miles so I know it could still come back but while it struggled to stay running for a bit initially, it smoothed right out after 10 mins and then I went for a ride. Hopefully it was just that tube being unplugged and it running lean because of that. Everythings hooked back up and it appears to be ok.

On a side note, my airbox under the filter was loaded with acorns yesterday. Anyone else ever run into that?
Billdo
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Return to Stock Gen 1 and 1.5