[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - 2001 Solara Convertible - door jam issues
Stock talk about the Generation 1 and 1.5 Toyota Solara which were produced from 1999 to 2003.

2001 Solara Convertible - door jam issues

2001 Solara Convertible - door jam issues

Postby mbausch » Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:05 pm

I've tried searching but can't seem to find anyone to make a mistake as stupid as I did. The latch that my door attaches to (driver side, on the door jam) had a screw come loose. I hand tightened it but didn't have the right bit to really tighten it properly. Long story short, it was loose, closing the door enough times seems to have knocked the bolts off the back. The screws can't attach to anything and I can't get at the back of the door jam without carving a big hole in the metal of my interior panel. Suggestions?

Well, to complete my day of feeling stupid, the fix turned out to be incredibly simple. 4 washers (one locking washer the size of each hole in the clip and one flat washer whose inside diameter keeps the screw head from popping through and whose outside diameter covers the locking washer) and 2 toggle bolts. Put the flat washer on first, then locking washer, slip through the hole in the clip, start the toggle, repeat. Cover the metal on the jam and the back of the clip with some jb weld for security, push the toggles in the holes for the screws, tighten, and viola. Doesn't move a millimeter and the door closes fine.
mbausch
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to Stock Gen 1 and 1.5