[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - valve cover gasket question
Stock talk about the Generation 1 and 1.5 Toyota Solara which were produced from 1999 to 2003.

valve cover gasket question

valve cover gasket question

Postby Raw-lara » Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:18 pm

Ok so i have noticed some oil build up on My valve covers. Its pretty clear that they need replacing. I was wondering if theres any way to get to the rear valve cover WITHOUT removing the intake plenium. Some pics would be helpful too if any one has any. But If theres no other then i guess im gonna just pay a mechanic to do my dirty Work
Raw-lara
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: valve cover gasket question

Postby PlateLunch » Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:53 pm

Just did it on my gen1 and it isn't that hard. It depends how quick you want it done and how mechanically inclined you are I guess. Toyota wanted $375 of something close to that but the gaskets are only $40 or less, I'm doing a bunch of other work already so it wasn't too much more to go. Do the spark plug sleeve rings also and put the rtv at the points required, you'll see when you pop it open. Good luck either way!
PlateLunch
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby DSM_Lara » Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:55 am

Sorry Bran, I didn't get back to you yesterday... Been busy with work and stuff. The intake plenum has to come off.
Below is a link of what parts I got and there is another link to a tear down of 1mz in the thread.
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=53429&hilit=Gaskets&start=0
1999 Toyota Solara SE V6 (TRD Edition) Rare Greddy EvoII/CP-E Intake/Renova Grill/Black Housing Front/OEM Hood Deflector :kp: :spam3: :spam1:Musubi
DSM_Lara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Raw-lara » Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:14 am

Dang alright thx guys
Raw-lara
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to Stock Gen 1 and 1.5