[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - CEL came and went away
Stock talk about the Generation 1 and 1.5 Toyota Solara which were produced from 1999 to 2003.

CEL came and went away

CEL came and went away

Postby KingKevin » Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:53 pm

So I was just driving my car back from work as per usual and sometime during the commute I noticed the check engine light came on. I was kinda bummed out but its a busy week and since I dont own a scanner myself I figured I would stop by autozone whenever I got the chance. Three days later and its gone when I start up the car. So my question is: Is it fine? Should I still go scan it and see what was up?

Should also mention that the light is on on one of the key turns so its not a burnt bulb.
2001 SE V6

Injen intake w/ extension - Renova Grill - custom catback exhaust - 2 12" Kenwood subs - Tein s tech - neons - 8000k headlights - 3000k fogs
KingKevin
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Re: CEL came and went away

Postby 1gSE » Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:40 pm

It should be ok. After a few key cycles, if the ecu doesn't detect a problem, it'll turn the CEL off. I wouldn't worry about it
GTO-Vararam/Kooks/Spintech/MGW-P/Tune-12.9 @108
Solara-M62 @ 5.5psi
1gSE
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Re: CEL came and went away

Postby KingKevin » Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:48 pm

Alright thanks! And I knew for sure you would be the first to respond to my post... you always are haha thank you
2001 SE V6

Injen intake w/ extension - Renova Grill - custom catback exhaust - 2 12" Kenwood subs - Tein s tech - neons - 8000k headlights - 3000k fogs
KingKevin
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Return to Stock Gen 1 and 1.5