[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - PROBLEM WITH CLUTCH
Stock talk about the Generation 1 and 1.5 Toyota Solara which were produced from 1999 to 2003.

PROBLEM WITH CLUTCH

PROBLEM WITH CLUTCH

Postby Jahfalif1165 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:34 pm

2002 SOLARA SLE V6 (5 speed)

i got the car a few days ago the car is awesome and in mint condition but the clutch pedal would work for a while and then it stays down (wouldn't spring back up). I think its the master/ slave cylinder. also the shifter is extremely hard to shift i need to put my body weight into it to get into gear. when the car is off it shifts like a breeze but when you turn it on that's when this happens.

thank you to anyone that can help
Jahfalif1165
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: PROBLEM WITH CLUTCH

Postby SolaraPete » Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:30 am

Its for sure either the master/slave cylinder or the clutch accumulator. I replaced my accumulator in Feb and then the master/slave went out last month - i'd say do them all as they aren't really that expensive - plus the accumulator is right next to the slave, so not much extra work labor-wise. Also i wouldnt recommend forcing it into gear, just dont drive it til its fixed.
'99 S/C'd 5spd: 6psi-KYB/Intrax-Kaminari-Renova- 2.5in w/TRD muffler-full Injen CAI w/crisp-mongo filter-Walbro 190-305cc-Jim's fuel-torque rod-8mm Magnecore-EGR delete-ACT 6-puck-AEM wideband-SAFC2-Supra/ES300 F+R brake conversion
SolaraPete
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby mig0s » Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:42 pm

^^ what he said. parts are inexpensive part i have no idea where to find the clutch acumulator..
1999 V6 5-Speed... so beautiful :' )
Black housing headlights, corner. 55w 6k HID, 2500k fogs, TWM Short Shifter+weighted knob, Tein+KYB, TRD lip kit + Acura CL type-S front lip. TSW Kyalami 18x8. Cutom 2.5" SS free flow muffler.
mig0s
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby SolaraPete » Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:38 pm

mig0s -

its only avail through the dealer. Thinking of bypassing mine as its not needed for the clutch to function. I believe it only dampens the clutch so it "feels" like a smoother engagement.
'99 S/C'd 5spd: 6psi-KYB/Intrax-Kaminari-Renova- 2.5in w/TRD muffler-full Injen CAI w/crisp-mongo filter-Walbro 190-305cc-Jim's fuel-torque rod-8mm Magnecore-EGR delete-ACT 6-puck-AEM wideband-SAFC2-Supra/ES300 F+R brake conversion
SolaraPete
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Down2TheC » Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:23 am

Way off on the location of the post. Moving to Gen1
http://solara.down2thec.com/gallery/
"We need failures in this world... failures gives us lap dances and chicken nuggets and I like both."
Down2TheC
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby Jahfalif1165 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:13 pm

I spent the money and got the official toyota parts and my friends dad thats a macanic did it for me and it cost $280 with parts
Jahfalif1165
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby ToyoSolV6 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:05 pm

for the pedal dropping its your master cylinder. If its not leaking on the outside the inside seals busted and it has an internal leak. But i would recomend to get an OEM slave, the aftermarket ones are grabage and they make the clutch pedal feel like crap.

as for the shifter getting stuck. Does it grind when you force it into gear?
One of the few Built Forged Supercharged solaras in so cal
335whp x 344tq.
ToyoSolV6
Solaraguy's dopest driver
Solaraguy's dopest driver

Return to Stock Gen 1 and 1.5