[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Lowering and Tucking rims
Stock talk about the Generation 1 and 1.5 Toyota Solara which were produced from 1999 to 2003.

Lowering and Tucking rims

Lowering and Tucking rims

Postby Blake6412 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:59 pm

Im wanting to lower my solara and put xxr 523 18 8.5 but want to be able to tuck them also what offset should I have?
Blake6412
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: Lowering and Tucking rims

Postby ToyoSolV6 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:06 pm

for a nice flush look get 18x9-9.5 you dont have to get 18's you can go 19's to tuck without much lowering
anywhere from a 20-30 offset anything lower than +20 offset will require to pull quarter panel and fender. you will need to roll your fenders for sure!
to "tuck" you will need coilovers with good spring rates i would recommend (8-9kg front) (7-8kg rear)
One of the few Built Forged Supercharged solaras in so cal
335whp x 344tq.
ToyoSolV6
Solaraguy's dopest driver

Postby DSM_Lara » Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:27 pm

This is 17x8 235/45/17 +40/20mm H&R Rear. Fenders rolled I still rub probably due to tire size... I should of gone with 225 instead.
1999 Toyota Solara SE V6 (TRD Edition) Rare Greddy EvoII/CP-E Intake/Renova Grill/Black Housing Front/OEM Hood Deflector :kp: :spam3: :spam1:Musubi
DSM_Lara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby ToyoSolV6 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:33 pm

^yeah 235 is causing you to rub!
335whp x 344tq.
ToyoSolV6

Postby DSM_Lara » Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:39 pm

It's ok I kind like those size tires... Filling up the gaps lol
Oh BTW that was park on a hill, just getting a idea if I was drop. haha But, I do rub with someone sitting in the rear seats or the trunk is full with stuff. Its sad I have the parts for years and never had the time to put them on. -.- Look on the bright side though I will be picking up those TRD Springs. 8) Rock those for a while, then switch it to coil overs. After, that TRD Struts will go on a Camry.
1999 Toyota Solara SE V6 (TRD Edition) Rare Greddy EvoII/CP-E Intake/Renova Grill/Black Housing Front/OEM Hood Deflector :kp: :spam3: :spam1:Musubi
DSM_Lara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Blake6412 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:30 am

thanks im pretty new to doing things to my car...so ill still need to roll my fenders with the 18s
Blake6412
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby ToyoSolV6 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:26 pm

Be prepared for a lot of adjustments. Lots of rubbing. Just gotta mess with it till you get it right. It took me a while to dial in each side. Its been sitting that way for a while now no issues other than driveways and speed bumps. But now im going raise it to 1 finger gap all around and 0 degrees of camber. Time to go fast again. Slammed scene was good while it lasted. Time for battle stance. lol
335whp x 344tq.
ToyoSolV6

Postby tooshorty » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:00 am

ToyoSolV6 wrote:Be prepared for a lot of adjustments.

thats no joke... do all the adjustments and be patient... I rushed on mine and its just cause me headaches and taking me more time. If it wasn't for some good advice from ToyoSolV6 i think i would have given up on coils-- but our cars LOOK SO GOOD LOW!
Valley of the SUN!!!!
tooshorty
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby ToyoSolV6 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:05 pm

tooshorty wrote:
ToyoSolV6 wrote:Be prepared for a lot of adjustments.

thats no joke... do all the adjustments and be patient... I rushed on mine and its just cause me headaches and taking me more time. If it wasn't for some good advice from ToyoSolV6 i think i would have given up on coils-- but our cars LOOK SO GOOD LOW!

No problemo sir! here to help and ive been messing with this suspension for a while. btw if anyones interested in adjustable camber bolts for the rear i might be selling mine.
335whp x 344tq.
ToyoSolV6

Postby thenewguy » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:22 pm

all about that function manng
thenewguy
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby tooshorty » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:49 pm

I don't even know what camber bolts do really or know what they look like...but it sounds like something i may need lol. Man i feel so stupid when it comes to suspension but everything else i feel pretty confident about lol
Valley of the SUN!!!!
tooshorty
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby ToyoSolV6 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:59 pm

tooshorty wrote:I don't even know what camber bolts do really or know what they look like...but it sounds like something i may need lol. Man i feel so stupid when it comes to suspension but everything else i feel pretty confident about lol

lol instead of running the fat bolts that hold up the coilover assembly in the rear the two 19mm bolts. I have 17mm bolts that are tapered. they look like a cam lobe you put one tapered in and the other tapered out and it lets you adjust your camber. These are only used if your running anything over 9" wheels. Im running 17x9 +15 with -4 camber.
335whp x 344tq.
ToyoSolV6

Postby Blake6412 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:11 pm

Alright so would it be stupid to put money into the motor if it has a lot of miles?
Blake6412
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby tooshorty » Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:42 pm

oh...i gotya... i'll have pass because my rims are stock 7.5's i didn't care for the stance that you get with all the camber but it has grown on me alot more now i'm wishing i would have got better rims. but cash flow is the issue as usual lol
Valley of the SUN!!!!
tooshorty
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Return to Stock Gen 1 and 1.5