[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Heat only works on MAX
Stock talk about the Generation 1 and 1.5 Toyota Solara which were produced from 1999 to 2003.

Heat only works on MAX

Heat only works on MAX

Postby Omes01SLE » Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:00 am

I have a 2001 Solara V6 SLE w/ 255,000km - just recently, the heater is only producing hot air when the temperature is set to MAX. Anything from 18degrees to 31.5degrees produces cold air. Any help or ideas of where I should start troubleshooting would be great! thx.
Omes01SLE
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: Heat only works on MAX

Postby minig646 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:02 pm

You have the automatic climate control right? If so, hold down the fresh air/recirculate button and the Auto button down simultaneously and then (while holding those buttons) turn the ignition on. It will run a diagnostic mode and if it finds any trouble codes (a 2 digit number) they will show up where the temperature usually displays. You can hit "off" to exit the diagnostic mode.
minig646
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Omes01SLE » Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:56 pm

That's amazing, didn't even know it had that diagnostic capability. Thx so much!
Omes01SLE
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby minig646 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:30 pm

I was pretty amazed when I first figured that out too. All this on such an old car. By the way, if you get code 21 you can ignore it. It's the solar sensor, and will always come up if you aren't in direct sunlight.

If you get any other codes an need help interpreting them, let me know!
minig646
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Return to Stock Gen 1 and 1.5